4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SLP Loudmouth installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Default SLP Loudmouth installed

So I just got my SLP LM1 in about 2 hours ago and immediately went to the muffler shop to have it installed. (Yes i know i could have done it myself, but it was much easier to let them do it.) Cost me $40 which was less than i was expecting. They said it was one of the best and easiest bolt up replacement exhausts they'd ever installed. They said it matched up almost perfectly with little hassle. I love the sound of it. To my surprise when I saw the old system off it turned out it was a Flowmaster exhaust. When i originally bought the car last May the dealership said it was stock but I didn't think it was. The SLP sounds much much better than the Flowmasters. Now all I have to do is get my midpipe!
Old 10-04-2005, 08:33 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: SLP Loudmouth installed

congrats ya i have slowmasters i too am thinking of making the slp change.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:55 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Awesome man. $40 is not bad at all. I'm glad you like the sound, they're bad a$$.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:10 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

awesome man. did you keep the flowmasters? give me your old mufflers.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Lol, yes I kept them. I'm actually thinking about selling them. I would sell the entire system but they had to make some extra cuts to get it out so it would require some welding done to it. But if anyone wants it just say so! I think it's the two chamber muffler set up. Not exactly sure. I dropped it off at the storage place on the way home, but if someone is really interested I could drive back up there. [8D] Once again the system is complete, it just has some extra cuts that would require welding. Also no rust on it!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:24 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Nice, I have the LMII's and I love them. Awesome sound.... cant wait to put my long tubes and catted h on this winter.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:26 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

wait til you get a midpipe, that'll really wake them up. if the price is right, i'ma buy them for a friend. i would never replace my LM2s with flowmasters, but flowmasters are better than stock.

how much would you charge for them shipped? and what do you mean by extra cuts?
Old 10-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

When I say extra cuts, in reality I think it was really only one extra cut. I didn't get a full chance to look over them, but on one of the sides an elbow had to be cut out. I think it has a hanger attached to it. I think that was the only extra cut made. It would need to be welded back together to the original pipe. I'd probably take $200 + shipping. Whatever it turns out to be. I am in Alabama. If you give me a zip code I can probably find out how much it would cost through UPS.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:46 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

hmm.. 200 is quite a bit for a cutup catback. i know where they cut it, the did the same thing to my stock to get it off easily. looks like you just had mufflers welded onto your stock catback. i thought flowmaster bolted on so you wouldn't need to cut it off. you'd be better off just getting your muffs cut off and selling just those. i'd consider that.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

You could be very well right. They do somewhat appear as they were welded in, but I didn't get a good look at them. Do the tips on a flowmaster exhaust have a cut-out curve on the top or is that stock tips? That would pretty much settle it if you could tell me that, then I'd know for sure.

Quick Reply: SLP Loudmouth installed