4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Hood + Bumper Selection

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 10:55 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Default Hood + Bumper Selection

Well it has been brought to my attention that my front bumper + hood looks weird. I knew I may be interested in changing it some day, and since I was going to put a full exhaust on my car this christmas, I decided to do the bumper + hood instead because my car is based on show and they should cost around the same.
I have the Kaminari Body Kit. I love the rest of the kit, but I want to put some more american muscle back into my stang with the bumper + hood as suggested by many of you.

My car is posted below. I am definitely going with the Mach 2 Hood, because it is easily the nicest one out there.
I need a built down front bumper because my car is lowered + I have a body kit already. The nicest built down bumpers I like are the Stage 3 Roush and the Cobra R bumpers. Which would you go with? And what would look best on my stang?

Thanks a bunch.
Also if you have any information on how much paint + install will cost.. Post it please.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24273/55826BF0C7BE4A2186C584A66C6B6818.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-05-2005, 04:39 PM
superman02

Default RE: Hood + Bumper Selection

i like the newer gt hoods with the scoop. and for the bumper, i would get a stage 2 roush. my personal favs.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:51 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

Saleen Front Bumper + Mach II hood and Saleen Rear wing is what I'm doing so I like your hood option but i think it looks nasty with the Saleen bumper though it would look good also with the Stalker front bumper.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:37 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

I don't really like the saleen bumbers, let alone the body kit at all. It just seems like there is way to much going on.

The reason I really like the Roush and Cobra R Fascias is also because I plan on adding fog lights, and the roush one comes with the lights (in most cases) and the Cobra R bumper has a bunch of slots for some lights, which I plan on doing.

I think either one will look real nasty with the Mach 2 Ram Air Hood.. But keep the opinions coming! Please!
Old 12-05-2005, 05:57 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

the hood and front bumper you have on there now are horrible anything will be an inprovement. Roush 3 bumper or stalker
Old 12-05-2005, 06:03 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

I was looking at stalker, I think that looks horrible. I hate the way it is pointed in the front there.. I want something that is smooth around the edges like I have now.

Im really hooked on the Stage 3 Roush + Cobra R Bumpers... Which of these two would you get? And why?
I love both of them, and theres certain things I like about each.. And I dont know exactly why, but I keep leaning toward the Cobra R bumper. Which one!!....?

*See and Ive figured out why Im leaning toward the Cobra R Bumper, because the stage 3 bumper tilts up a little, and I know that the cobra bumper is down to the ground. I just don't want it to look weird because my car is lowered and has a body kit. I don't want the front to look high, and I think the cobra r fascia will be just right.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:29 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

The more and more I look at the cobra r fascia, the more Im starting to fall in love with it.
It just looks like your staring at the face of an absolute monster. And thats exactly what I want.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:33 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

I didn't think I would find this combination on the internet, but somehow someway I just stumbled across it.

The Cobra R Front Fascia + the Mach 2 Ram Air Hood.
IM SOLD! This is NASTY.

The Car: Thoughts?

[IMG]local://upfiles/24273/E8FDCFDEAA884373A1E19A449CBD75AA.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

It is a nice bumper, but you'll break it in a couple of months. It's sooo low, esp if your cars lowered. It does look good though. I say go with roush.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

Get rid of those stupid side skirts while you are at it.... Mach 2 hood is nice. I don't care much for the Cobra R front fascia. They look sweet from the front, but really funny from the side. I like the stalker front bumpers and saleens too. Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Hood + Bumper Selection