4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

getting predator tuner

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 04:57 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

Default getting predator tuner

for christmas i am getting a diablosport tuner.. so anything i should know about it.. is there anyway to make a nitrous tune? im letting my gas run low so i can fill it with premium... do u just plug it in and it does everything for you? First thing im doing is taking care of that nasty traction control, then im killing the rear o2 sensors so the check engine light goes off.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:01 PM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: getting predator tuner

Yeah it does it all for ya. One thing is with the Diablo tune you should advance the timing as much as the Predator will let you. The Diablo tune the way it is will only give you about 3hp but if you advance the timing all the way you will get about 10hp. Make sure you use 93 octane and listen for pinging though. IMO a dyno tune is the best way to go even without nitrous or a blower. A tuner can get the max hp hands down and it could be quite a bit more. At the speed shop I go to the tuner tuned a 6 cyl. when I was there getting 205rwhp and that's alot for a stock 6. All you need to do is find a tuner in your area that uses Diablo Sport software and they can use your Predator.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:53 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

wouldnt advancing the timing all the way hurt the engine?
Old 12-24-2005, 07:56 PM
xkon
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Voodoo

Yeah it does it all for ya. One thing is with the Diablo tune you should advance the timing as much as the Predator will let you. The Diablo tune the way it is will only give you about 3hp but if you advance the timing all the way you will get about 10hp. Make sure you use 93 octane and listen for pinging though. IMO a dyno tune is the best way to go even without nitrous or a blower. A tuner can get the max hp hands down and it could be quite a bit more. At the speed shop I go to the tuner tuned a 6 cyl. when I was there getting 205rwhp and that's alot for a stock 6. All you need to do is find a tuner in your area that uses Diablo Sport software and they can use your Predator.
isnt that the exact opposite of what you want to do if he wants a nitrous tune? im pretty sure you are supposed to retard the timing to prevent detonation
Old 12-24-2005, 08:09 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

You will love this chip ! so many things you can do to tune your car.
* Dual timing adjustment points (2000-4000 RPM / 4000-7000 RPM)
* Timing table (+10% / -40%)
* Dual fuel adjustment points (2000-4000 RPM / 4000-7000 RPM)
* Fuel table (+40% / -15%)
* Idle (+/- 20%)
* On/Off switch for Traction Control
* Raise Speed Limiter
* Rev Limiter
* Re-Calibrate Speedometer for Gear and Tire Size Changes
* WOT Shift Pressure
* Part throttle shift firmness
* RPM Shift Points
* Torque Modulation (for better shift feel)
* Cooling Fan ON/OFF Temperatures
* Rear Oxygen sensor disable (use for off-road vehicles only)
* Disable EGR (use for off-road vehicles only)
* All of these parameters can be adjusted on the DiabloSport tune and/or the factory tune
Old 12-24-2005, 08:28 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

the diablo tuner wont let you go more than 10 advanced so it wont hurt but will help
Old 12-24-2005, 08:28 PM
2000STANGGT
2nd Gear Member

You can do so much with it. I have had mine almost a year and still adjust my car. GOOD CHRISTMAS PRESENT
Old 12-24-2005, 09:39 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

well how much should i advance the timing if im gonna spray every once in a while..

my timing is stock right now and i spray a 100 shot fine.. on the lowest grade fuel. so if i went up to 93 what could i set my timing to?
Old 12-25-2005, 03:51 AM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

with nitrous KEEP THE TIMING SET AT STOCK! well with a NX kit that is. their kits are designed to run of the stock tune. but you can adjust shift points if its an auto. you can do the other things you mention as well as raise the TQ modulation and a few other things like if you get bigger tires you can adjust etc. you can do air/fuel stuff with it but unless you have a dyno program or have a professional tuning it then i wouldn't touch that stuff.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:45 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DILO2001GT

with nitrous KEEP THE TIMING SET AT STOCK! well with a NX kit that is. their kits are designed to run of the stock tune. but you can adjust shift points if its an auto. you can do the other things you mention as well as raise the TQ modulation and a few other things like if you get bigger tires you can adjust etc. you can do air/fuel stuff with it but unless you have a dyno program or have a professional tuning it then i wouldn't touch that stuff.
i have a manual so in other words i can't do anything? lol...

i run 87 gas now, so by increasing that to 93 i cannot do anything with my timing?.

Quick Reply: getting predator tuner