4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

List help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 01:46 PM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

Default List help.

I am going the bolt on path for my car, the S/C is tempting but I think once I save for the S/C and tune it would be better if I had all the bolts ons to go with it. Well here is my list my budget is $4300 I am going to attempt to install everything myself except the LT headers and gears. Let me know if I miss something or a certain brand I should go with.

1. LT Headers
2. Catted X
3. Slp Loudmouth
4. K&N FIPK
5. Acufab TB and Plenum
6. Eibach Sportline
7. Bauman Shift system
8. 4:10 Gears
9. Diablo Tuner

Do you think I can reach low 13's with this set-up? I already have UD pullies, the salesman said that my stang has cams but I'm not for sure so I not going to worry about it right now.
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:04 PM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: List help.

Dammit! I just read 03sonicgt's post and know a want a S/c again.[:@]
Old 01-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

Get a S/C. Even with everything else stock your car will be faster than a full bolt-on. A S/C is actually a bargain compared to most mods in terms of dollar/hp and many S/C setups don't NEED a dyno tune on an otherwise stock car. Once you get the S/C, you can incrementally do bolt-ons over a longer period of time and every bolt-on will yield better results on a blown car. They really aren't incredibly difficult to install (though they are a bit time consuming) and you might want to see if it's something you could do with a couple of friends. An intercooled Kenne Bell at 9 PSI would nearly max out the safe potential of your unforged motor (405 rwhp/427 rw torque) for $4799 and it includes the chip, pump, and everything else you would need to support that kind of power. The whine of the S/C will make up for the sound of the stock exhaust and you'd likely be running in the 11s with good rubber.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:12 PM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fallstar01

Get a S/C. Even with everything else stock your car will be faster than a full bolt-on. A S/C is actually a bargain compared to most mods in terms of dollar/hp and many S/C setups don't NEED a dyno tune on an otherwise stock car. Once you get the S/C, you can incrementally do bolt-ons over a longer period of time and every bolt-on will yield better results on a blown car. They really aren't incredibly difficult to install (though they are a bit time consuming) and you might want to see if it's something you could do with a couple of friends. An intercooled Kenne Bell at 9 PSI would nearly max out the safe potential of your unforged motor (405 rwhp/427 rw torque) for $4799 and it includes the chip, pump, and everything else you would need to support that kind of power. The whine of the S/C will make up for the sound of the stock exhaust and you'd likely be running in the 11s with good rubber.
That sounds good, I can just imagine the whine![sm=burnout.gif] It's out of my price range but I guess I could save and reach it. My exhaust isn't stock, I have Flows.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marcuslee842

That sounds good, I can just imagine the whine![sm=burnout.gif] It's out of my price range but I guess I could save and reach it. My exhaust isn't stock, I have Flows.
It's worth saving for. You'd be able to beat C5 vettes and stockish terminators without breaking a sweat in your GT.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

sorry for jacking the thread but lemme get this straight, i can run 9 psi without a dyno tune and not worry about putting a window in my block??? because the closest dyno to me is about 70 miles away...but i need a barge to get to it [:@]
Old 01-09-2006, 05:54 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

ORIGINAL: marcuslee842

I am going the bolt on path for my car, the S/C is tempting but I think once I save for the S/C and tune it would be better if I had all the bolts ons to go with it. Well here is my list my budget is $4300 I am going to attempt to install everything myself except the LT headers and gears. Let me know if I miss something or a certain brand I should go with.

1. LT Headers
2. Catted X
3. Slp Loudmouth
4. K&N FIPK
5. Acufab TB and Plenum
6. Eibach Sportline
7. Bauman Shift system
8. 4:10 Gears
9. Diablo Tuner

Do you think I can reach low 13's with this set-up? I already have UD pullies, the salesman said that my stang has cams but I'm not for sure so I not going to worry about it right now.
Thanks in advance.
you can save a couple hundred and not buy this, since it will not work with your s/c
Old 01-09-2006, 07:32 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Haha, get the super man, I know it's hard, it really is, but the way i see it, are you really going to have 4 grand to throw around anytime soon again?? I say get the blower right now and you will absolutely love it. Then slowly build up your car with your other mods and learn to love it even more. Those are my plans, I don't really plan on any mods until I get the blower. Just my thoughts, best of luck, Kyle
Old 01-09-2006, 07:39 PM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03sonicgt

Haha, get the super man, I know it's hard, it really is, but the way i see it, are you really going to have 4 grand to throw around anytime soon again?? I say get the blower right now and you will absolutely love it. Then slowly build up your car with your other mods and learn to love it even more. Those are my plans, I don't really plan on any mods until I get the blower. Just my thoughts, best of luck, Kyle
I know, but I don't really race and I may visit the track once in a while. That's whats makes the the decision so hard, I could go with the raw power of the S/C but I really don't plan on using it. Sure there are Evos and Vipers in my area, but I won't race them on the street. On the other hand I don't know when I will have the money to do a S/C again, but I also don't know if 4G's is worth buying something I won't really need. The cool factor is what gets me on the s/c and because of that I don't know if I should spend ALL my money on it. On the other hand I could build a respectable N/A GT but it would probably come back to haunt me if I ever do feel the need for speed LOL. Everytime I think I have my mind made up about what I wanna do I get second thoughts again. Why couldn't I have enough money to do both.[&o]