4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

U/L Control Arm question

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 04:44 PM
nopropslaw
2nd Gear Member

Default U/L Control Arm question

Do these help with only launching/traction or do they help with handling at all?
Old 01-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Tim37
4th Gear Member

Default RE: U/L Control Arm question

yeah they will add in handling. they will stiffen the rear suspention the stock control arms tend to flex thats what is prevented buy the tubualers.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:49 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

What tim said.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:53 PM
nopropslaw
2nd Gear Member

cause I just bought eibach sportlines and tokico's so would it be in m best interest to get those and put everything in at once...I think I saw the granatelli's for like 150+shipping....anyone know of a better deal?
Old 01-17-2006, 04:56 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: nopropslaw

cause I just bought eibach sportlines and tokico's so would it be in m best interest to get those and put everything in at once...I think I saw the granatelli's for like 150+shipping....anyone know of a better deal?
That's what I paid for my Granatelli's. I am quite happy with mine.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:52 PM
JonBeast

Well, depending on what kind of control arms you buy....they won't necessarily help your car handle better in the twisties, but the stiffening of the rear will help to an extent.

They will mostly help with straight line acceleration, planting your rear wheels, and reducing wheel hop.

I have Granatelli U/L CA's and I'm very pleased with them as well.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Tim37
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nopropslaw

thats not bad the only onther ones i can think of aht would be any less would be uprs lower line of control arms.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

Leave the stock uppers and get a pan hard bar. It's MUCH better of a mod for handling. New Lowers will help quite a bit as well. If you want quality from a reputable company that actually comes up with their own designs, I'd suggest Maximum Motorsports, not Granatelli.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:11 PM
nopropslaw
2nd Gear Member

my main goal is handling primary...So would these be a good idea to get, or should I get something else like pan hard bar that was mentioned, or even sub frame connectors...I thought I would get the u/l control arms because I might as well put them on now while I do my shocks/springs...sway bars I can add later.....so what does everyone suggest then?
Old 01-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

Focus on the rear and work your way forward. If you want handling, the main thing is the pan-hard bar which is used by most enthusiests. The slightly better (but more expensive) alternative is the Evolution Motorsports Watts link. Some Lower Control arms and full length subframe connectors should be your next mods after the pan-hard bar.

None of this is a replacement for good lessons. A few driving schools, track days, or autocross instruction will help you make more of a difference in your performance than any parts and you'll start to appreciate what each one is actually doing to your car. Eventually you'll get a good idea about what needs to change for your particular driving style.

Quick Reply: U/L Control Arm question