4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Need help with seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 09:42 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default RE: Need help with seats

ORIGINAL: David_K

im thinking about getting my buddies 05 c6 vert. he wants 40 for it but it only has like 3400 miles on it. im at barrett jackson this weekend if your feeling better come to 1431 on sat and ill probably drive it out there. its pretty cool. it already has LG LT headers linginfelter intake and LG stage 3 cams with all the valve train upgrades. its pretty slick. puts 420 to the ground

I would love to be out this weekend, but I get tired ou pretty quickly.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:47 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

yeah this weekend im in arizona. looking for a 440 GTX. thad be so cool
Old 01-19-2006, 12:07 AM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

whatever happened to the 06 Z06? a buddy of mine is selling his red one if you want it for $68,000
It's coming, but I am ordering it and gonna be presented with it at the assembly line in Bowling Green. With my settlement, I am able to keep my Stang too, so I am going a little crazier on it.
So what do you think is gonna be faster? The Z06 or the mustang on Nitrous. You may have a potential 10 second mustang GT if you go with a big enough shot and drop some weight.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:16 AM
spederman
2nd Gear Member

Code,

I just put in Corbeau TRS leather seats in a couple of weeks ago and a custom rear seat delete. Man, They are awesome. So much better than the crap stock pleather seats. These things hold you in place, tight and are also very supportive. I love the agressive shoulder bolsters. I can finally take corners and actually stay put and concentrate on driving instead of staying in my seat and not running into the door. Plus, i was glad to get rid of the stock heavy seats, so i dropped quite a bit of weight. I didnt think they were that heavy, but when i sold the stock front and rears, the box was 205 pounds. So i figure with a rear seat delete and the new corbeaus which i think are 24 lbs each, I shaved off quite a bit of weight. I dont have any pics yet, but there are plenty on the net. I can probably get pics taken this weekend if you want to see them in a mustang.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:22 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: Fallstar01

ORIGINAL: code3GT

whatever happened to the 06 Z06? a buddy of mine is selling his red one if you want it for $68,000
It's coming, but I am ordering it and gonna be presented with it at the assembly line in Bowling Green. With my settlement, I am able to keep my Stang too, so I am going a little crazier on it.
So what do you think is gonna be faster? The Z06 or the mustang on Nitrous. You may have a potential 10 second mustang GT if you go with a big enough shot and drop some weight.
There is no doubt that the Stang will be fast, but the potential of the Z06 is just plain scary.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:24 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: spederman

Code,

I just put in Corbeau TRS leather seats in a couple of weeks ago and a custom rear seat delete. Man, They are awesome. So much better than the crap stock pleather seats. These things hold you in place, tight and are also very supportive. I love the agressive shoulder bolsters. I can finally take corners and actually stay put and concentrate on driving instead of staying in my seat and not running into the door. Plus, i was glad to get rid of the stock heavy seats, so i dropped quite a bit of weight. I didnt think they were that heavy, but when i sold the stock front and rears, the box was 205 pounds. So i figure with a rear seat delete and the new corbeaus which i think are 24 lbs each, I shaved off quite a bit of weight. I dont have any pics yet, but there are plenty on the net. I can probably get pics taken this weekend if you want to see them in a mustang.
VERY COOL. If you would, please take some pics for me. I would really appreciate it.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:55 AM
dawssvt
3rd Gear Member

I used to have the Corbeau Forza II's, but did not like the non-reclineable seats, so I sold them. Here are some pics of my set-up... I am trying to sell the Corbeau Rear Seat Delete if you are interested... I got some Sparco Milanos for cheap, so it would look dumb with Sparco seats and a Corbeau Rear Seat Delete..... A buddy of mine has the CR-1's and they are VERY comfortable... I have also heard good things about the TRS seats... Here are some pics... PM me if you are interested in buying the rear seat delete...

Old 01-22-2006, 11:17 AM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

Does that Cobra R stay on the dash at all times?
Old 01-23-2006, 01:46 AM
dawssvt
3rd Gear Member

nah... not there now... it was just there cuz i have a hole on my dash from drilling the pod with gauges, so i needed to cover it
but i am putting the gauges back in soon........