4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

aprox rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 12:27 AM
JT76

Default aprox rwhp

I am having my car dynoed in april but just wondering what kind of #'s i will be putting down..
accufab 75mm tb
accufab plenum
MAC strait shot CAI
Borla Stinger Catback
diablo predator tuner
#'s with these?

now i might be putting a slp or bassini x pipe in between now and then along with some steeda UDP's
#'s with these?

My car is an 02 auto GT and i am having the car dyno tuned when i have my gears installed, thanks
Old 01-22-2006, 12:31 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: aprox rwhp

ORIGINAL: stanggang1892

I am having my car dynoed in april but just wondering what kind of #'s i will be putting down..
accufab 75mm tb
accufab plenum
MAC strait shot CAI
Borla Stinger Catback
diablo predator tuner
#'s with these?

now i might be putting a slp or bassini x pipe in between now and then along with some steeda UDP's
#'s with these?

My car is an 02 auto GT and i am having the car dyno tuned when i have my gears installed, thanks
Maybe 230-240 with the x-pipe??
Old 01-22-2006, 12:44 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Probally close to 255. The tuner will really help you. Along with the o/r midpipe.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:52 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr

Probally close to 255. The tuner will really help you. Along with the o/r midpipe.
255 with an auto, and no headers?? Espically with a generic diablo tune?? I don't think so.

Hell, that would put a 5spd GT up around 280 with a set of headers and his mods (impossible)
Old 01-22-2006, 12:57 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Do you anything about tuners? They'll make your auto run with 5 speeds, even with the drivetrain loss. The reason the drivetrain loss is higher in an auto is because it granny shifts and doesn't run to full potental. With the tuner, it fixes that. It will still dyno a little less then a 5 speed, but nothing dramatic. With his mods I say 255 isn't out of reach.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:11 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Do you anything about tuners? They'll make your auto run with 5 speeds, even with the drivetrain loss. The reason the drivetrain loss is higher in an auto is because it granny shifts and doesn't run to full potental. With the tuner, it fixes that. It will still dyno a little less then a 5 speed, but nothing dramatic. With his mods I say 255 isn't out of reach.
Do what?? The transmission shifting has nothing to do with what he will dyno (or drivetrain loss). An auto tranny will consistantly dyno 5 or so percent less power than a 5 speed. This is because there is a ton more rotating mass and alot more going on in an auto trans, and because you lose plenty of power thru the converter. They don't call em "slushboxes" for nothing.

Put it this way. The accepted drivetrain loss percentage is 15% on a stick, and 20% on a auto. This is a difference of 221 RWHP (260 * .85) vs 208 RWHP (260 * .80) on a stock GT. I would call that a pretty dramatic.

Your saying he is making 255 now?? So with a set of LT headers and a real tune he is making what, 280 RWHP?? Rofl. 255 is a good number for a 5spd GT with full boltons and a custom tune, not a stock exaust manifold auto trans car with a mail order tune. Hell, just my LTs alone were worth 15 RWHP (of course alot of that was the LTs working better with all of the other boltons), and my diablo mail order tune was costing me like 10 RWHP. This sort of thinking must be along the same lines of people claiming 300 RWHP can be had from bolts and cams only. It simply cannot be done on an accurate dyno.

BTW, an auto car will not run side by side with a 5spd with only a tuner. I have never seen a tuner only auto car run a 14.0. Hell, most of em are still in the 14.3-14.5 range. The shifts are firmer and more agressive, but it isn't gonna cut a half second off the quarter mile time.

Old 01-22-2006, 01:48 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

240 tops.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:58 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Do what?? The transmission shifting has nothing to do with what he will dyno (or drivetrain loss). An auto tranny will consistantly dyno 5 or so percent less power than a 5 speed. This is because there is a ton more rotating mass and alot more going on in an auto trans, and because you lose plenty of power thru the converter. They don't call em "slushboxes" for nothing.

Put it this way. The accepted drivetrain loss percentage is 15% on a stick, and 20% on a auto. This is a difference of 221 RWHP (260 * .85) vs 208 RWHP (260 * .80) on a stock GT. I would call that a pretty dramatic.

Your saying he is making 255 now?? So with a set of LT headers and a real tune he is making what, 280 RWHP?? Rofl. 255 is a good number for a 5spd GT with full boltons and a custom tune, not a stock exaust manifold auto trans car with a mail order tune. Hell, just my LTs alone were worth 15 RWHP (of course alot of that was the LTs working better with all of the other boltons), and my diablo mail order tune was costing me like 10 RWHP. This sort of thinking must be along the same lines of people claiming 300 RWHP can be had from bolts and cams only. It simply cannot be done on an accurate dyno.

BTW, an auto car will not run side by side with a 5spd with only a tuner. I have never seen a tuner only auto car run a 14.0. Hell, most of em are still in the 14.3-14.5 range. The shifts are firmer and more agressive, but it isn't gonna cut a half second off the quarter mile time.

Why would 280 be SO far out there for LT's with the mods he has now? Although that is a little high. Maybe 265-270. That would be a full bolt on GT.

I misworded my post. I didn't mean the tuner will fix the drivetrain loss, I meant it would run closer to a 5 speed. And it's not 15 for a manual and 20 for an auto. Last I heard with was 15 for a manual and 18 for a auto. (I'm talking about drivetrain loss) Hense 'nothing dramatic' remark. And yeah, 'slushbox' because most 9 and 10 second cars are running manuals. [&:]

An auto car does run with 5 speed cars with a tuner. And an auto will ALWAYS be more consistant. Stop giving advice by what you hear and go to the tracks and see first hand. Why would an auto with a tuner, which would make it shift like a manual but be more consitant not be able to handle a manual with 10-15 tops more hp? Which I remind you the manual does not have over the auto because the tuner will also add some hp. I don't see your logic.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:48 AM
JT76

how much do u guys think i was running bone stock?
Old 01-22-2006, 04:04 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

2000GT4.6, just thought I'd let you know I have seen quite a few people with full bult-ons and a cam, that put down around 295 to the wheels. So thats pretty close to 300, so I wouldn't say its as hard as you think.

Quick Reply: aprox rwhp