4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Just got my car detailed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 09:54 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just got my car detailed!

A $20 detail. I'm sorry, but the products I use for one detail total more then that. It does look good, but are all the swirls out? I need to see some pics in the direct sunlight to tell you honestly. In that light I could make any car look clean.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

I agree...

I spend way more than that for car cleaning supplies, and when I get around to it... it's literally an all day process. Sure, maybe I go overboard when I do it. But the when complete, it looks fantastic. Plus, the effects from the extensive cleaning last quite some time. The car still shines like hell and the paint is smooth and pure to the touch months and months since the last time I wax/buffed it.

There nothing like taking hours to do it yourself and standing back to look at the finished product.

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr

A $20 detail. I'm sorry, but the products I use for one detail total more then that. It does look good, but are all the swirls out? I need to see some pics in the direct sunlight to tell you honestly. In that light I could make any car look clean.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:15 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quickshift_02GT

I agree...

I spend way more than that for car cleaning supplies, and when I get around to it... it's literally an all day process. Sure, maybe I go overboard when I do it. But the when complete, it looks fantastic. Plus, the effects from the extensive cleaning last quite some time. The car still shines like hell and the paint is smooth and pure to the touch months and months since the last time I wax/buffed it.

There nothing like taking hours to do it yourself and standing back to look at the finished product.

My feelings exactally. It usually takes me a whole day (10AM-5PM). Thats a wash, engine, tires, windows, interior, clay, removing swirls, and a few coats of wax. I always pop out the headlights and tail lights too. I get really into it. And the porter cable works wonders.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:18 PM
fastsilverstang
3rd Gear Member

dude, i could have done it for free for you.... i work in a detail shop
Old 02-12-2006, 10:22 PM
rudemood12
2nd Gear Member

My feelings exactally. It usually takes me a whole day (10AM-5PM). Thats a wash, engine, tires, windows, interior, clay, removing swirls, and a few coats of wax. I always pop out the headlights and tail lights too. I get really into it. And the porter cable works wonders.
[/quote]

i just got myself a porter cable to take the swirls out of my paint. im hoping it does what im looking for. doing it by hand just didnt cut it.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:28 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

I'm sure you'll love it. Use some SSR 2.5 and SSR 1 with nattys blue and you'll be AMAZED!
Old 02-12-2006, 10:42 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

LOL I always do my waxes by hand and wash this was first time! And for $20 i was extremely happy! And No my car has no swirls just wait till i get them pics in the sun! You will see! Whats this clay you guys talk about?
Old 02-12-2006, 10:45 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GrayGhost01GT

LOL I always do my waxes by hand and wash this was first time! And for $20 i was extremely happy! And No my car has no swirls just wait till i get them pics in the sun! You will see! Whats this clay you guys talk about?
I'm looking foward to it.

Clay bars remove the bad crap from your cars paint. Like dust, dirt, and grime. It will make your car unbelievely smooth and shiney. Mothers makes a cool kit. I would suggest looking at it. When I first used it I was amazed at the results.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:51 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

car looks good but i dont like when other people wash or wax my car. I know where the small chips and things are and i know where to be more careful.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:59 PM
rudemood12
2nd Gear Member

clay will do some remarkable things to your car. dont be afraid to work it a bit... youll get back what you put into it. youll be shocked what itll take off.

Quick Reply: Just got my car detailed!