4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Help me please

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 09:55 PM
da boss
2nd Gear Member

Default Help me please

Alright everybody I have a few questions that have been really driving me crazy lately trying to find an answer for so here I go. All of these parts would be for a 1999 Ford Mustang GT and please answer any questions you can thanks.

1. If I was to add a VT stage 2 cam N/A, Ceramic Long tube headers w/ matching x/h pipes, catbacks, 1.5" lowering springs, 3.73 gears, Nitto 555r, a 75mm TB/plenium, programmer(not sure which one yet maybe you could give me some ideas), rear seat delete, and a CAI. How much HP do you think I sould have total with all of these modifications and what 1/4 times should I maybe be getting? What if I had the heads ported and polished how much HP would I gain with the above modifications? How much HP should I expect to gain by increasing the compression of my pistons and how much money would it cost to increase my compression. Finally how much HP and what 1/4 times sould I expect with ported/polished heads, higher compressiong pistons, and all of the above mentioned modifications.

2. My other option is to buy a KB supercharger and run 9 psi. Only problem is that I would rather not spend that much money yet and instead buy all of the above mentioned stuff except maybe high compression pistons and add the KB at a later date. The KB would probably run me about another 2K more so I reallly don't know what way I should lean so any help would be appreciated and thanks again.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:57 PM
da boss
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Help me please

Hey if I forgot anything or you have an idea for something else I sould chang or and then please let me know. Thanks for all your responses.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:01 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

if you got the vt stage 2 cams, p&p heads and intake manifold, then the intake stuff and a programmer, you'd be close to 300whp.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:11 PM
da boss
2nd Gear Member

what about with the other stuff
Old 02-22-2006, 10:13 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

So much info there. The 2V is very expensive to get big HP out of N/A. If you want quick and easy HP, slap a blower on it and you will have more HP for less $$ than doing the first set of mods you listed. I have seen 2V's with full exhaust gain 65-80HP with ported heads and good cams. The problem with P&P your heads is that the shop doing is, must know what the hell you are doing and after you pay for the P&P work, new valves, springs etc....it can be VERY expensive. Look at Fox Lake Racing, MPH and VT for complete heads, then sell your PI heads to someone outright to offset your expenses.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:32 PM
da boss
2nd Gear Member

how much would it probably cost to get my heads ported and polished