4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

should i put on a lightning blower?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Dark_Horse
3rd Gear Member

Default should i put on a lightning blower?

so i was thinking about whats next, im not sure if i just want to save my money and get a newer car in about a year, or if i should just save for a while and get a used lightning blower. i figure i could have the Blower, belt, and brackets for a little over $1100. i lightning motor has a C/R of 8.5: and mine is 9.5:1 both motor are non- forged internals. so what do you guys think?
Old 02-24-2006, 08:23 PM
nopropslaw
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: should i put on a lightning blower?

I think you should do it...I don't know anybody with pretty much the lighniing engine in a mustang...Would be so sweet....
Old 02-24-2006, 08:24 PM
nopropslaw
2nd Gear Member

would you be able to get around the same horses as the lignting? Are those 5.4 inthe lightning 4v or 2v? Isn't yours 2v?
Old 02-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Dark_Horse
3rd Gear Member

nopropslaw
would you be able to get around the same horses as the lignting? Are those 5.4 inthe lightning 4v or 2v? Isn't yours 2v?
they both are 2Vs i would have more becausethe C/R is 1 higher. but it wont be as safe because detenation will be more likly to happen
Old 02-24-2006, 08:32 PM
nopropslaw
2nd Gear Member

What kind of boost do those run? How much would you run on it? I think its a bargain at 1100 bucks....I'm gonna have to spend over 5 grand to eventually get mine supercharged...
Old 02-24-2006, 08:46 PM
frondon
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dark_Horse

nopropslaw
they both are 2Vs i would have more becausethe C/R is 1 higher. but it wont be as safe because detenation will be more likly to happen
I am just learning about s/c. I ordered a s/c book that goes through all the details & engineering specs of s/c (by Bell).
I know that you could avoid the detonation problems retarding the timing. You may be able to get by tweaking the tune.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:49 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

just run like 6psi and you should be great. i thought you wre selling your car? wasn't it on ebay not long ago?
Old 02-24-2006, 11:18 PM
Dark_Horse
3rd Gear Member

nanaki
just run like 6psi and you should be great. i thought you wre selling your car? wasn't it on ebay not long ago?
ya thats what i was thinking like 6-8 PSI, how much is the stock PSI on them. i put it on mostly to see how much it would go for, it didn't meet the price so i still have it.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:20 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

that would be cool. ive seen a pic of this mustang with a full lightning motor in it and half of it is sticking out the hood lol. i say you get the stock one and port it out and put a smaller pulley on it and call it a day.
Old 02-25-2006, 01:59 AM
98HossGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wwmost

that would be cool. ive seen a pic of this mustang with a full lightning motor in it and half of it is sticking out the hood lol. i say you get the stock one and port it out and put a smaller pulley on it and call it a day.
if only it were that easy.

then again, everyone would have them wouldn't they

Quick Reply: should i put on a lightning blower?