MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   My Mustang...UPDATE (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/99492-my-mustang-update.html)

GSXRIntensity 02-25-2006 05:09 PM

My Mustang...UPDATE

I'm sorry I've not been on the forum the past week or so. I went out of town, plus I have had no good news to report on the car. Even now I don't have it in my garage yet, but I have better news than I had two weeks ago.

1) Well, the problem I had w/the car after the fuel pump install was 'NOT' the f.c.m., nor the c.c.r.m.. It was the processor!!!!!!!!! How the f**k a fuel pump install fried my processor is beyond me, but that was the problem. Due to fantastic friends & an extended warranty I was able to get all of these parts for free w/the exchange of the old parts.

2) Saturday the car put down 324.7rwhp & 318.1rwft-lbs naturally aspirated. I was out of town for the weekend, but I got the call the car had been tuned and was finally done. I told them I wouldn't be able to pick up the car until this past Wed. On Wed I confirmed on a time and everything seemed fine. When I was about 15 minutes away the shop called me & told me the car was wouldn't idle, was surging, and running rich. Though it's impossible, it seemed as if the car had lost the tune. I ended up leaving the car for them to correct whatever may be the problem now. Hopefully I'll hear something this weekend.

3) Tech question: Does anybody have any idea whatever may have caused my car to start surging, dying, and keep it from holding an idle AFTER having a tune once & apparantly having no problems until Wed?????

[IMG]local://upfiles/1070/D5D9DE5C56324806A58E6D808836039B.jpg[/IMG]

rbstang 02-25-2006 05:12 PM

RE: My Mustang...UPDATE

very nice numbers. When you say processor do you mean ECU?

GSXRIntensity 02-25-2006 05:35 PM

yes. The little silver box on the side of the kickpanel on the passenger side.

Dan04COBRA 02-25-2006 07:22 PM

Have they checked the little things like TPS & IAC?

I have the video of his car and I must say...NASTY!

GSXRIntensity 02-26-2006 04:15 AM

Hey Dan,

I don't know if they've checked them yet. I didn't hear from, nor did I call them today(trying not to bug them), but I'll check in tomorrow to see how things are going. It'd be a bastard if something as small as the IAC or TPS went askew. Thanks for the video compliments. I can't wait until it's all dialed it...THEN IT'LL BE NASTIER!!!!!

tripsevn7 02-26-2006 09:29 AM

what all do you have done to her gsxr?

1BAD3V 02-26-2006 10:18 AM

Excellent numbers put down N/A.

GSXRIntensity 02-26-2006 01:54 PM

ORIGINAL: tripsevn7

what all do you have done to her gsxr?
everything Code3 does except a forged shortblock. I'm still trying to convince myself to spend $4k on a block from Fox Lake with mogul bearings, diamond pistons, Cobra crank, etc. I'm just having a problem digestion that for 20rwhp approx. I will probably give in at some point; maybe next year. Right now, I don't see it happening.

GSXRIntensity 02-26-2006 01:54 PM

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

Thank you:).

1BAD3V 02-26-2006 01:56 PM

ORIGINAL: GSXRIntensity

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

Thank you:).
Your welcome.