4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

PLEASE READ THIS

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 04:05 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Default RE: PLEASE READ THIS

Ok let's put the WHOLE story out.

He claimed that he would race ANY V6 Mustang with his car in reverse and win. I offered to let him run my car and back that up. I'll even let him run forwards....drag or road course (his choice). My car is not set up for drag at all.

He sent PM after PM about how fast he is and how cool he is. I sent PM after PM with tech. He claimed his SC'd SVT ($8000 he paid for it) was faster than a V6 with the same dollar amount spent. I showed him how he was wrong. then he asked about the money in my car. I told him - thought it wasn't relavent at any point, being that we were discussing him racing ANY V6 Mustang. I NO POINT did I say I made 500 hp/600 tq for that amount of money on my car. I simply stated it can be done and broke it down part by part for him.

Push comes to shove..... he's nevered dyno'd the car (so no numbers are posted) and he's never been to the track (so he can't post times).
To get around both of those little "oops" on his part, I'm still willing to run mine against his sincve he is faster than ANY V6.

Put up or shut up.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:08 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: svt_97cobra

Hey lilroush, you have just been "called out" by a shadow. Show us what that V6 has

Nope, you said YOUR car and ANY V6 Mustang. What's wrong, suddenly your car not up to it?

EDIT: If you want, I'll post your PMs to me, so we can all see exactly what you said.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:14 PM
svt_97cobra
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: LilRoush

He claimed that he would race ANY V6 Mustang with his car in reverse and win. I offered to let him run my car and back that up. I'll even let him run forwards....drag or road course (his choice). My car is not set up for drag at all.

He sent PM after PM about how fast he is and how cool he is. I sent PM after PM with tech. He claimed his SC'd SVT ($8000 he paid for it) was faster than a V6 with the same dollar amount spent. I showed him how he was wrong. then he asked about the money in my car. I told him - thought it wasn't relavent at any point, being that we were discussing him racing ANY V6 Mustang. I NO POINT did I say I made 500 hp/600 tq for that amount of money on my car. I simply stated it can be done and broke it down part by part for him.

Push comes to shove..... he's nevered dyno'd the car (so no numbers are posted) and he's never been to the track (so he can't post times).
To get around both of those little "oops" on his part, I'm still willing to run mine against his sincve he is faster than ANY V6.

Put up or shut up.
[hr]

I sent PM after PM, yea right, Do you remember me saying OK thats enough, until you come to your sinces, Dont PM me any more. Your the one who started the PM's. You told meyou have $60,000.00 in your car, and I told you I have a room full of parts in the floor, But I am saving my money to get them installed, before I put my car on the dyno. So I have no Idea what numbers I am making, and I did only pay 8k for my car with the s/c on it. You should of saved yourself about $50,000.00 and bought an already fast V8. Let me put $60,000.00 in my car and I will race you any day and beat you by a long run. What about the guy in the shadow, he wants to run you, whats wrong are you scared slowRoush.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:14 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

I believe it can be done but not for that money. Last night at the track there was a turbo V6 new edge running in the 7s in the 1/8th. They can be fast but still if you take the same amount of money and put it into a v6 and a v8 and the v8 will always win.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:15 PM
spoolin shadow

Put up or shut up.
bring it. i'm in tulsa. i'll get it on video. 500 horse v6 stang my ***.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:15 PM
svt_97cobra
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: svt_97cobra

Hey lilroush, you have just been "called out" by a shadow. Show us what that V6 has

Nope, you said YOUR car and ANY V6 Mustang. What's wrong, suddenly your car not up to it?

EDIT: If you want, I'll post your PMs to me, so we can all see exactly what you said.
[hr]

You can tell who backed down now. Put up or shut up lildoush
Old 06-02-2007, 04:28 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I'm not backing down, you claimed YOUR CAR CAN BEAT ANY V6 MUSTANG. I'm offering to run you. I even offered to come to a track near you.

By the way, there are several 500 hp V6 mustangs tooling around in the US, one with 700. Of course this isn't news since there are 500 hp 2.3L turbos running around as well. But I'm sure you guys knew all that.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:30 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Here is thesetting of the stage with the "racing in reverse" comment:

........You said you was going to 'show me up'. The only way you could ever possibly show me up isIf i racedyou inreverse and forgot to warm up my tires. And how are you going to waste gas, you drive a V6, thats why people buy V6'sto save gas. Who backed down from a race? Wasnt me.. I will race anyone....Anyone with a fast car.. And I know no V6 is fast. But seriously, if I still had my sock 1996 2.3L 4x4 Ranger, I would race you, that way it would be a close race and I wouldnt hurt your feelings. Your waiting for my hp/tq numbers? Why, are you scared. I dont have any numbers posted because I have all kinds ofparts lying in my floor ready for me to install, then I will havemy cardynoed.

After you get passed all the smoke you blow, it kind of seems like you've backed down.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:32 PM
spoolin shadow

Here is thesetting of the stage with the "racing in reverse" comment:

........You said you was going to 'show me up'. The only way you could ever possibly show me up isIf i racedyou inreverse and forgot to warm up my tires. And how are you going to waste gas, you drive a V6, thats why people buy V6'sto save gas. Who backed down from a race? Wasnt me.. I will race anyone....Anyone with a fast car.. And I know no V6 is fast. But seriously, if I still had my sock 1996 2.3L 4x4 Ranger, I would race you, that way it would be a close race and I wouldnt hurt your feelings. Your waiting for my hp/tq numbers? Why, are you scared. I dont have any numbers posted because I have all kinds ofparts lying in my floor ready for me to install, then I will havemy cardynoed.

After you get passed all the smoke you blow, it kind of seems like you've backed down.

come race me. i'm not backing down. i have nothing to lose. i drive a shadow 4 door automatic. 4 cylinder. single cam. rust on the car.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:33 PM
flash20
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oxfordgt

I believe it can be done but not for that money. Last night at the track there was a turbo V6 new edge running in the 7s in the 1/8th. They can be fast but still if you take the same amount of money and put it into a v6 and a v8 and the v8 will always win.
not always, u wanna tell that to the cars that lose to the grand nationals.

there is no need to start another war between v6's and v8's, both can be modded to be fast.

Quick Reply: PLEASE READ THIS