4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

New new Goodyear ZR45 tires...HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 12:58 AM
mineral

Default New new Goodyear ZR45 tires...HELP

Looking for 2 new tires for my 01 GT. Must be new Goodyear Eagle ZR45; 245/45ZR17. Local dealer can't locate any. Goodyear dealer won't try so I'm turning to you all as my last hope. One tells me they are discontinued which I already knew and another tells me the molds have been discontinued which I also knew is possible. I just need 2 new ZR45 to keep my GT stock. Any help appreciated. I've got 2 awful looking Toyo tires on it now and it looks like crap with them instead of the Goodyears. I hit an unknown object in roadway and whatever it was, it penetrated through the wheel and split the tire. My GT only has 18K miles and it looks like new-except for the two front tires.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:50 AM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New new Goodyear ZR45 tires...HELP

Well, if they're discontinued I think your only option would be eBay or something similar.

But just out of curiousity, why does the car have to stay completely stock? I understand keeping everything stock, but tires? Those are the kinds of things you replace, so even if you're trying to keep the resale value high I don't think using different tires would make a huge difference.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:05 AM
mineral

Looks like I'll have to go with different tires. GT's are nowhere to be found. Goodyear said they don't have any or know where to find them. Next stop, tire shop. Thanks for your response.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:38 AM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

We'll probably never see this guy again, but as long as they're in decent condition(60%+ tread remaining), tires mean nothing to the value of a car.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:58 AM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

clicky

The stock tires suck ***
Old 08-08-2007, 04:45 PM
mineral

Never see who again?
Old 08-08-2007, 04:50 PM
mineral

Ifthe pic is your car, mine is exactly like it. (on the outside, that is)
Old 08-13-2007, 01:15 AM
mineral

...except mine's much nicer.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:14 PM
mineral

Default I'm Back

Originally Posted by mineral
...except mine's much nicer.
Just wondering if knowitall California is still on here. You're right buddy. I don't have any use for people who make comments like yours about my car. I have more regard for my car apparently than you have respect for fellow Mustangers. Been gone for quite a while but back in states now and my car STILL looks better than yours. Still only has 19K on the clock and is STILL all original except the tires. Have a nice life.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:15 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by mineral
Just wondering if knowitall California is still on here. You're right buddy. I don't have any use for people who make comments like yours about my car. I have more regard for my car apparently than you have respect for fellow Mustangers. Been gone for quite a while but back in states now and my car STILL looks better than yours. Still only has 19K on the clock and is STILL all original except the tires. Have a nice life.
Who are you talking about?

Quick Reply: New new Goodyear ZR45 tires...HELP