4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

bad mgw experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 12:54 AM
Mustanggt9589
3rd Gear Member

Default bad mgw experience

i ordered a shift **** from them about a month ago and they sent me an email saying they got my order anyways the day its supposed to arrive monday (payed overnight shipping) they call me and say o its going to be about a month to get the o/d switch in from ford. So i get pissed and asked if they billed me they say no i really wanted the shifter so i say ok a month. Its been a month nothing called again they said o ya they're in should be coming soon. So i said ok just call me before you bill me to make sure they money is in the account. Well they sent it out today no call charged 100 bucks i didnt really wanna spend right now and on top of that i payed for the overnight shipping and they did it standard ground so now i have to call again tommorow to find out y i payed 20 more bucks for regular shipping when i should be getting overnight. Overall not a good experience just thought i would vent for a while now i feel better.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:05 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Default RE: bad mgw experience

id be pissed too.i dont blame you one bit...if i where you i would try any get some free **** out of it. naybe an e-brake handle er something
Old 08-17-2007, 01:10 AM
wgdt21
5th Gear Member

Sorry about that mannn. I think you're one of few that have bad mgw experiances...
Old 08-17-2007, 09:06 AM
MrChubs1
3rd Gear Member

You shoulda changed the shipping method when they first called, but they also shoulda comped you for it due to the delay. They need to pay closer attention to their inventory - that's a good way to lose customers.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:10 AM
ssrc76
1st Gear Member

Wow, that sucks. Thats way different from my experience with them.... I ordered my shifter on monday afternoon, it came on Friday. I didn't pay for overnight, and it had to go through Canadian customs... Amazing product too.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

I had the same thing happen when I was dealing with Summit on some urethane bushings. My car would have been down a month if I hadn't paid double through someone else. They told me they were shipped same day so I torched out all my old bushing in my nova in anticipation of getting the bushing within 2 days. I recieved the bushings a month later out of the blue! I disputed the charges on my card and got a free set of bushing that wound up using in my camaro. lol I figured I had to pay twice the price through somewhere else so I wound up breaking even between the 2 cars!
Old 08-17-2007, 11:01 AM
Mustanggt9589
3rd Gear Member

I was suprised in the ****ty service because i've heard nothing but good things about them. I just called to make sure that it was all set and they said it was but i made sure to tell them i was unhappy with my service, and hopefully ill get suttin out of it. I know if i was them i would be kissing my ***.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:29 AM
langod
2nd Gear Member

You'll get better satisfaction by sending a letter or email to their customer service manager (or to an owner/pres/vp if you can find a name) then you will by just complaining on the phone. Once it's "on paper" you will probably get something out of them -- a refund, or some comp'd merchandise..

Old 08-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

One of my best purchasing experiences was with MGW, they caught an accidental goof-up of mine and called me within 20 minutes of ordering to clarify some issues....

IMO, they probably had a bunch of orders for this **** & since it was on B/O, nobody likely had overnight shipping so they just hustled to package everything & get it all out the same day they received it. I would give them an opportunity to fix the situation, I'm sure they will be good about it.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:08 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

ORIGINAL: wgdt21

Sorry about that mannn. I think you're one of few that have bad mgw experiances...
+1

Quick Reply: bad mgw experience