4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Updated Pics! Saleen spoiler, Eibach Pro-kit, Flat black paint

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 09:17 PM
demon_head
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Updated Pics! Saleen spoiler, Eibach Pro-kit, Flat black paint

looks awesome!
Old 11-17-2007, 10:04 PM
AvidMustang
3rd Gear Member

I [sm=smiley27.gif]Flat Black
Old 11-17-2007, 10:22 PM
mustangmike02
2nd Gear Member

Looks great man. I was just looking at an old thread of yours today in august when you talked about doing this. Great pictures but i have a few questions. Is that flat black close tothe kind they use on the mach 1 spoilers?I have a saleen S281 hoodI wanted to paint black in the center like the SA20 anniversary. My friends dad said he could do a semi gloss flat? Is your flat black messy with streaks or anything. Doyou just wash it with anything special? I dont want a shiny gloss like you had before but i dont want like a primer black? How does the paint match up?
Old 11-17-2007, 10:38 PM
BHMustangGT
3rd Gear Member

Looks great man. I was just looking at an old thread of yours today in august when you talked about doing this. Great pictures but i have a few questions. Is that flat black close tothe kind they use on the mach 1 spoilers?I have a saleen S281 hoodI wanted to paint black in the center like the SA20 anniversary. My friends dad said he could do a semi gloss flat? Is your flat black messy with streaks or anything. Doyou just wash it with anything special? I dont want a shiny gloss like you had before but i dont want like a primer black? How does the paint match up?
Thanks....I'm notsure about the kind of paint they used on the Mach 1's. The flat black paint that my paint guy usedis a regular three step paint process. He primed it, sprayed it black and then sprayed the clear coat. But what made the finish flat was some type of flattening agent that he mixed with the clear. It turned out great, and has a very uniform look. Not messy with streaks or anything at all. The best thing about the flat black is that it doesn't show ANY scratches at all! I love it! lol...When I had the gloss finish I HATED detailing it as it showed every single speck or scratch. It was a major PITA, and I swore that I would never own a black car! ....I think that the semi gloss flat that you are talking about would look great! I actually wish that I had went with a more semi gloss look myself.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:45 PM
mustangmike02
2nd Gear Member

yeah. well thanks for answering all the questions. i was mainly wondering about the scratching.looks good thought its unique.i got steeda lowering springs and tokico shocks and i have to idle over speed bumps otherwise my tips hit too. o well. hopefullyi can get the paint done sometime.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:08 PM
djb1187
5th Gear Member

how hard was it to intall that wing?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:14 PM
BHMustangGT
3rd Gear Member

how hard was it to intall that wing?
I took the easy way out and paid someone to install it, it was only $40 anyway.....I wanted it done right so I took it to the Ford dealer, they used bigger screws than what came with the spoiler and used double sided tape. The spoiler only came with two mounting screws, butthe Ford dealer used4. They also had to wire the third brake light. I'm sure it can be done at home, but I just wanted to make sure it was done 100% right.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:34 PM
djb1187
5th Gear Member

thats pretty cheap. theyll probaly charge me more than that here. our dealers rape people. But id imagine itll look sick with my toneau cover and light bar. cant wait to get it. Car looks beautiful man. Keep that silver beast clean
Old 11-18-2007, 12:18 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

looks good!

if you put some cobra/bullit side skirts on there it would look awesome.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:27 AM
jojo2003
2nd Gear Member

Did the wing cover up the old holes?

Quick Reply: Updated Pics! Saleen spoiler, Eibach Pro-kit, Flat black paint