4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Sct sucks

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 01:00 PM
99mustanggt
3rd Gear Member

Default Sct sucks

Well I bought an SCT X-cal 2 so I could tune my car for the nitrous and I come to find out I cant do anything.You have to have a dealer make you a tune before you can adjust anything yourself.The whole reason I bought the thing was so that I could make myOWN tune and not have to worry about taking it to an sct dealer to get ripped off. I even called them and they said I could adjust all the things by myself so there was no need to take it to a dealer.So does anyone know where I can get a Generic tune to download to my tuner and adjustor do I have to find an SCT dealer to have that done?Or does anyone have a good deal on a sniper tuner and I'll sell this turd.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:04 PM
black35th
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Sct sucks

Thats sucks, I know you can buy tunes from Brenspeed.com and bamachips.com.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

User "Headspace&Timing" is what I blame it on. Thats some bad news, sorry man. You should have done more research first. SCT is the best in my book. Sniper is the easiest for the novice tuner, I think.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:16 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

sctforums.com maybe? Do you know how to tune a car for nitrous and do you have a way to monitor the a/f?
Old 06-28-2008, 02:55 PM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

what did you do buy a used tuner or something? or a blank one somehow??

if you would have ordered it from say brnespeed for example....it would have arrived on your doorstep with a nitrous tune that THEY wrote for you...and then of course you would be able to modify their tune.

so....can you not get a tune wrote for you, from where you bought the tuner from? that is how it usually works.

edit: i dont think SCT sucks at all.....it just seems to me someone was either mis-informed, or just didnt do enough research before making their purchase.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:10 PM
ackuric
4th Gear Member

+1 Sct doesn't suck by any means, and the title of this thread should be changed or deleted imo. Its not sct's fault that you aren't the brightest crayon in the box.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:16 PM
99mustanggt
3rd Gear Member

It is sct's fault because as I stated I called and they said there was no need to take it to one of their dealers to have it tuned.I have tuned alot of cars using megasquirt and one with a sniper system but I went with sct because I heard good things and I even called to be sure.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:16 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ackuric

+1 Sct doesn't suck by any means, and the title of this thread should be changed or deleted imo. Its not sct's fault that you aren't the brightest crayon in the box.
I agree 100%, I changed from diablosport to SCT, and all of the problems I was having went away, completely. The flip chip, quality of everything, is amazing in my book, and I have really high standards.

If you got one that was blank, that's your fault, not theirs. I can definately see them sitting there saying to eachother "this guy ordered a blank tuner, I hope he knows he won't be able to use it like that.....chuckle chuckle"

Edit: now granted, now that I'm going to 700+rwhp, I'm going with a whole new computer, the FAST engine management system, but I think to where I was at, you couldn't do better than SCT
Old 06-28-2008, 07:22 PM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

You don't physically have to go to a dealer for a tune, but you do have to pay them and they can send the tunes via email. You can only change so much to a tune. You cannot fully customize it like sniper tuning software! If that's what you are looking for then your better off just selling it for a Sniper. I myself have an SCT tuner because I go to a dyno tuner who has the SCT software and compares the tunes on a dyno for best results. I'm not a big fan of backyard tuning on these EFI cars these days especially with power adders.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:40 PM
99mustanggt
3rd Gear Member

Alright thanks for your help guys.The person I talked to knew the tuner was blank and they still told me I would be able to adjust whatever I needed to on the stock tune,thats why I am upset.But anyway,sucks to be me, I am willing to sell this thing, if anyone is interested just shoot me a pm.

Quick Reply: Sct sucks