4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 11:23 AM
03FstStngKB
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: WTF?

Traction control in our cars would be similar to this but the thing they got me was the "the pushing up of the pedal". How annoying would that be when you really want to stomp on it to only have that damn thing pushing back up at you?

Yes I know it can be disabled but still...how long is it before cars have something like this permanently w/out the option to disable? Aftermarket will catch on and be able to disable it but for how long after that will they be told not to mess with that setting. EPA is already getting on the aftermarket tuning industry for messing with the rear O2 Sensors so now the newest software in some of the tuners give no option for turning them off.

This technology might save you a ticket when you are tempted to race or might save you from losing control of your car but what I'm getting at is the sign of the times. I am not sure our generation might have to worry about it but what about our kids and their kids...kids??? In a way it kind of makes me glad that I am living in the era that I'm living in now because 50 to 100 years from now...who is to say that it will be even legal to drive cars w/gasoline engines???

I dunno maybe I am thinking into this way too much but one thing for sure is that over time things change and it may not be for the better...depending on whether or not this society frowns upon gas guzzling engines or speed freaks that need control...to a society that wants to know how fast you are going and wants to gps your every move along with your speed so that you can get a ticket in the mail for 1 mph over or even limit you from speeding any any locale with a known speed limit??? Not to many people think it might not be possible to do that but the goverment is one of the biggest secrecies that this nation has and most will never know what "big brother" has in store for us???
Old 08-05-2008, 11:54 AM
98MustangGT46
5th Gear Member

Default RE: WTF?

ORIGINAL: defconfire

ORIGINAL: alexplantman

I have a similar system on my mustang
And what system may that be?
His girl nagging him to slow the F*** down.