4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

So I sold my car...problems...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 12:30 AM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

Default So I sold my car...problems...

I listed my car on Ebay and sold it. I sold my car on November 2nd. The guy paid for it on Nov. 4th. but i had to wait for the echeck to clear.(saved me losing out $280 in paypal fees so I didn't mind) He is out of state and scheduled a car carrier service. I agreed to bring the car to where he said which was only 5 miles away granted I had to rent a car hauler from Uhaul regardless of mileage. Turns out the drop off place was 26miles away..Arrrrggghhh He didn't even offer me any additional money after we only initially agreed on the 5miles to begin with. After picking up the trailer, loading the car and driving all the way there, the place wouldn't accept the car because it wasn't 4" high. Apparently they take a 4" high piece of wood and slide it under the car. Nope, no go, the headers are only 3-1/2" high and the rear sway bar is only 2-1/2" high(I have to take it off). So after all that and wasting my time, I brought the car back to my house and the Car hauler company said they would pick the car up right from my driveway because they required specialized transport for cars lower than 4" but higher than 3".
Now, the car is still sitting in my garage and I haven;t recieved any calls as to when they will be picking it up? WTF Should I demand storage fees or what? I have been more than cooperative and trying to help this guy in everyway possible and it seems he doesn't care! He's in no rush to get the car he said but I need the room to store my mothers car as she is paying $85/mo for heated storage. I have the money and already mailed him a set of keys, the wheel key, SCT tuner and anything that would jeapordize the cars safety when being transported that is valueable. I dunno what to do?

I practically gave the car away and now I'm losing more money because it's just sitting in my garage and I'm footing my mothers storage bill not to mention all the prep work for this guy. I had to remove the front chin spoiler too because it would scrape going up the hauler. I placed all the nuts/bolts neatly in a baggie and labeled it. I have done that for everything. Make me wanna start stripping the car of everything and say screw him, but I am not that kinda guy unless he really pisses me off.

Last edited by RuffCat; 11-24-2008 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:34 AM
avenged_motorhead
1st Gear Member

if the shipping arrangements in the auction where to be the buyers responsibility then place the vehicle outside and wait
Old 11-24-2008, 12:36 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Make him pay for EVERYTHING you had to shel out for him.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:36 AM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

I'm just afraid if something happens to it I will be responsible

I still have feedback pending on my ebay account as well. I have 300 all 100% positive feedbacks.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:37 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RuffCat
I'm just afraid if something happens to it I will be responsible
You sold it.. its his problem
Old 11-24-2008, 12:39 AM
RuffCat
3rd Gear Member

so .....if the supercharger comes up missing along with the wheels on blocks??? Then what....lmao
Old 11-24-2008, 01:40 AM
_Slowbra_
2nd Gear Member

if it was the buyers responsibility, e-mail him and tell him he had XX amount of days before you leave the car outside and have nothing else to do with it. then he will at least have the delivery company give you a call to let you know when to expect pickup,if he isnt a douche.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:27 AM
Kmelfi11
4th Gear Member

yeah i agree with what people are saying, make him pay for the extra money you had to put out for his mistake. his mistake shouldn't be your loss.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:29 AM
Kmelfi11
4th Gear Member

and this guy already seems like an idiot, i would never buy a car on ebay without seeing it or anything and if i felt good enough to buy it without seeing it i would atleast want to pick it up myself.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:23 AM
E714FEVER
3rd Gear Member

I still can't believe you charge your mom a storage fee!! Shame on ya

But yeah email this guy and tell him he has x amount of days to get it or you'll take it out of storage and sit it in the driveway and you won't be responsible for any damage it may have from being there.

Quick Reply: So I sold my car...problems...