4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

horrible N20 leak

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 12:38 PM
sprayed99
2nd Gear Member

Default horrible N20 leak

i bougth this kit used and every since day one a month ago its had a leak around the n20 noid

it was already jb welded but still leaking so wtf do i do? i jb weld it more. and it still leaks but in a different place so i jb even more. etc. etc. etc

i have literally gone thourhg 4 packs of jb weld now. the noid can not be seperaterd from the line but the purge noid can. idfk what 2 do anymore. the bithc will not stop leaking.

i open the bottle and shut it instantly. take soappy water and put it on the area and see bubbles. i ****ing purge everything out and patch up that area. next ****ing day i do the same thing and while that area wont be leaking another will. its so ****ing frustating. any adivce?

im serisouly considering blowing the money i have in the bank for m/t et streets and buying antoher ****ing soleniod!

this is ****ing bull****!!!!!!

Old 11-26-2008, 12:57 PM
sprayed99
2nd Gear Member

SOMEBODY HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 01:09 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sprayed99
i bougth this kit used and every since day one a month ago its had a leak around the n20 noid

it was already jb welded but still leaking so wtf do i do? i jb weld it more. and it still leaks but in a different place so i jb even more. etc. etc. etc

i have literally gone thourhg 4 packs of jb weld now. the noid can not be seperaterd from the line but the purge noid can. idfk what 2 do anymore. the bithc will not stop leaking.

i open the bottle and shut it instantly. take soappy water and put it on the area and see bubbles. i ****ing purge everything out and patch up that area. next ****ing day i do the same thing and while that area wont be leaking another will. its so ****ing frustating. any adivce?

im serisouly considering blowing the money i have in the bank for m/t et streets and buying antoher ****ing soleniod!

this is ****ing bull****!!!!!!

Your noids that you have now are worthless... IMO i would just buy a new one... They are only like 60 dollars... http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idcategory=32
Old 11-26-2008, 01:14 PM
sprayed99
2nd Gear Member

can i still use my nx purge and fuel if i just buy a dynotune n20?
Old 11-26-2008, 01:25 PM
sprayed99
2nd Gear Member

in theroy its possible to stop the leak tho correct?
Old 11-26-2008, 02:56 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

we need a few things, pics for one... that jeb weld job sounds..rigged

i just use a thread sealer on my **** and it works just fine.

you need to taket he line off the soleniod and clean everything up, inspect the threads on both parts and try again, with a differant sealer, jb weld isnt the **** to use., i had a leak i couldnt fix, it was messed up threads, just a thought.

check into it,and let us know

and...where do u live? i have a set of 275/40/17 m/ts...

buyuing a differant brand solenoid wont be an issue, just make sure it has the same fittings, and flows enough
Old 11-26-2008, 03:05 PM
sprayed99
2nd Gear Member

well i bought it used and it already had jb weld on it. also i figured it was probably not threaded rite but i cant seperate the noid from the braided line cuz the jb weld

and pm sent bout tires...
Old 11-26-2008, 06:49 PM
JayC
4th Gear Member

If those are NX noids you can e-mail or call them for a return #. They will test and rebuild them at NO COST. All you pay is shipping. I send mine in every year for a freshening up.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:24 PM
livefast1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayC
If those are NX noids you can e-mail or call them for a return #. They will test and rebuild them at NO COST. All you pay is shipping. I send mine in every year for a freshening up.
haha yours probly dont have 4 packs of jb weld on em lol. i would just buy another one. with the amount of n20 you've probably already wasted it would have paid for itself ya know.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:47 PM
JayC
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by livefast1
haha yours probly dont have 4 packs of jb weld on em lol.
Well, you got a good point there...............

Quick Reply: horrible N20 leak