4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

is UPR full of ****?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 10:21 PM
mike08
2nd Gear Member

Default is UPR full of ****?

http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1892

do you think these gains are possible?
Old 02-08-2009, 10:34 PM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

-If you have a 75mm T/B, it's possible and likely.
-Throw away the intake spacer
-ALL companies say things like this. And UPR is one of the more honest ones, check out other companies like BBK, Steeda, C&L, etc. They all claim a lot of horsepower with their mods.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:34 PM
02 Ninja
5th Gear Member

Waist of money! UPR is not the only one who makes claims like that. IMO save your cash and look at spending toward something else. As for their products, some people like them and some people wouldn't put their name on the trash can.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:40 PM
mike08
2nd Gear Member

hmm well i was wanting to get a tb, plenum, and UDP's but i wasnt sure if their gains were fact or if they were just pulling it out of their ***. i guess it comes down to personal preference?
Old 02-08-2009, 10:52 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

lol obvsly you havent seen many mustang mags or been to many websites lol.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:00 PM
mike08
2nd Gear Member

well i know they all claim like 5-20 hp im just saying. my buddies have become salsemen or something for UPR lol. all they say is "well its dyno proven"
Old 02-08-2009, 11:57 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mike08
well i know they all claim like 5-20 hp im just saying. my buddies have become salsemen or something for UPR lol. all they say is "well its dyno proven"
yes, dyno proven on cars that most ppl wont have those types of mods.. Ie. cams/heads/intake cars.

plus the way they count the power increase is different also. its not peak hp IIRC its done by power gained throughout the powerband.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Novanutcase
3rd Gear Member

When you dyno a car there are many factors that give you the results you get. It's VERY easy for the operator to get your car to make 20hp more than what it actually is getting. Dyno results don't mean dick unless you are there and the operator doesn't have an agenda.
All TB/Plenums are so close in terms of performance you won't notice a difference. Get the one you think looks prettiest!

John
Old 02-09-2009, 10:26 AM
twin turbo pilot
2nd Gear Member

my buddy and i both recently installed TB/plenums I got a proffesional products 75MM with plenum for about $175.00 he got a accufab combo for about $420 he drove my car and said he didnt notice any difference, same when i drove his car. he has an 02 with a MAC CAI I i just have a drop in K&N, he also has an off road X pipe with borlas. Granted his accufab may flow a few more CFM and may make a few more ponies on a dyno, its not enough of a diff for me to justify the cost. Im very happy with my PP TB/plenum.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:33 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by twin turbo pilot
my buddy and i both recently installed TB/plenums I got a proffesional products 75MM with plenum for about $175.00 he got a accufab combo for about $420 he drove my car and said he didnt notice any difference, same when i drove his car. he has an 02 with a MAC CAI I i just have a drop in K&N, he also has an off road X pipe with borlas. Granted his accufab may flow a few more CFM and may make a few more ponies on a dyno, its not enough of a diff for me to justify the cost. Im very happy with my PP TB/plenum.
I went with accufab not for power but for a few other reasons. The PP tbs are POS in my opinion. Most of the time the throttle cable needs to be modified to be put on, or it is very difficult to say the least. When I bought my accufab, PP tbs had a nasty little issue of the throttle sticking as well in some cases.. FUKC that..

And the most important reason: when I pop my hood, ppl say..wow you got an accufab, those are nice.. rather than hey cool you got a PP..those are... cheezy looking.lol

Not knocking you, Im just giving others some rational they may or may not overlook when buying something like that.

Quick Reply: is UPR full of ****?