4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Need help picking rims to match new paint job!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:54 AM
SINISTER
5th Gear Member

Wow, you guys are harsh. It's his car, who cares what he wants to do with it. As for the rim choice, you may want to wait on choosing until after you do the paint. That way, you might be able to photo chop a few different choices into a picture to get an idea before you buy.

Personally, I hate that kit. I don't think it compliments the lines of the car at all. But, whatever floats your boat.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:02 AM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

well if thats the look your going with you may as well go all out and get 22 inch rims
Old 02-25-2009, 11:16 AM
midweststang
2nd Gear Member

Angry wtf

trying to figure this out.... u say its going to be ricey???? I asked yall imput on rims to match paint , as in the black bullitt or chrome bullit mustang rims, and if i should change taillights. the cobra black widow kit is nowhere close to ricey.

Last edited by midweststang; 02-25-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Blk003GT
4th Gear Member

altezas = rice. enough said
Old 02-25-2009, 11:38 AM
midweststang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Blk003GT, thats what im looking for, feedback, not criticism from fellow mustangers being dicks!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

I would just go with chrome wheels! ...check out AM or buyfordracing as well!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Hey man make the car look how you want it , its only rice if sporting a 30 spoiler and non american made engine. Its just not normal to see a stang done up that way which is good because its good to see some different styles, to each his own. As for the rims If you went with the bullets I would def. keep the chrome lip with deep dish or Check out all black saleen wheels , either black chrome or powder coated.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:12 PM
midweststang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr Graystang
Hey man make the car look how you want it , its only rice if sporting a 30 spoiler and non american made engine. Its just not normal to see a stang done up that way which is good because its good to see some different styles, to each his own. As for the rims If you went with the bullets I would def. keep the chrome lip with deep dish or Check out all black saleen wheels , either black chrome or powder coated.
Thanks Mr Graystang, I dont want my stang to look ricey, thats why i posted this thread. I was looking at the cobra BW kit because it has features of the cobra in it. Im undecided right now. I got the Y2K rims now that are chrome, and always loved chrome. I think im going to paint it orange, leave the black racing stripes off and go with the deep dish 17x10.5 chrome bullitts, and change back over to stock tail lights on back and the darkened cobra head lights.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:19 PM
04CompetitionOrange
3rd Gear Member

I go back and forth about whether I would like chrome wheels on my car. I think black is the better choice since it will match your stripes. As far as the altezza lights....I can't stand them man, so I personally don't think either one would look good with either wheel combination. If you are absolutely set on running them though, I think the black would be come closest to looking better. Just my opinion.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:09 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

I say take the $$$ from the body kit, put a twin screw on it, and if you really wanna repaint the car, black it out, black 17s... I'm spending my spring break taking the body kit off my mustang (it came on it when I bought it) ...but then again it's your car if you wanna rice it out then go ahead

Quick Reply: Need help picking rims to match new paint job!!!