4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

what would you suggest

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 01:45 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Fast, cheap, safe -- pick any two...
Old 03-31-2009, 07:09 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
Fast, cheap, safe -- pick any two...
+1

from my understanding and what the ford dealer was trying to sell my dad, if you buy ford racing products, they will honor the warranty BUT I WOULD CHECK WITH THE DEALER 1st before you start buying every FRP product there is... gears would be a good place to start modding, a nice exhaust will also give you a good growl and add a little kick
Old 03-31-2009, 07:18 PM
Tim99GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roush2002
this same question is asked over and over. its starts out you want just a lil bit, then the truth starts to peek its head and you really want a good bit more, then the truth finally comes out and you really want to beat the cobra, the camaro, the rice banger etc. So here is the truth. Aside from gears like the other guy said nothing will be the huge leap for you without having a price tag attached. You think these guys are spending a few hundred to a thousand to get these cars to run....if you do please take your car back to the dealership and get something else. It costs thousands to make a powerhouse...hell why do you think im still in these guys rear view mirrors. its simple...because i cant afford to hand over the money it costs. If you are new to this do yourself a favor and keep your car under warranty, learn all that you can during this time and start saving up money now so when your car is out of warranty you will have enough to do what you really want and not wasting your money on worthless crap that will get you nowhere fast. If you start doing stuff to your car Ford will shut the door on you before you can even get in. You mod it, its your problem not theirs.
Very good advice!!!!

Originally Posted by tmcc02gt
Yeah, youre right about that.

j/k, i wouldnt even try
LMAO!!!! I love pics like this. i took one of my brother in his mach 1 and he hates it. The really funny thing is i had shown it to our father and he took the pic, blew it up and framed it, and put it on his living room wall for all to see.