4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

help with predator tuner please!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 11:38 AM
slipknotrain
1st Gear Member

Default help with predator tuner please!!

i have a U7146 predator tuner for my 98 mustang gt and i have only deleted the O2 sensors and i am not very familiar with the rest of the device. i have joined and discussed my problem on the forums on the official site but no one can seem to tell me much but "read the manual." well i've read my manual and it just goes over how to hook it up and push buttons, thats about it. i need to know what changes will cause what outcomes and how not to mess up my ride. ANY information anyone has would help greatly.
thanks guys
Old 04-01-2009, 01:34 PM
marcuslee842
3rd Gear Member

Well if u bump the timing all the way up (use 93 octane of course) U will get an increase of about 10rwhp. Also if u have an auto turn torque modulation off, firm up the shift and adjust shift points. It will really wake the car up. Don't mess with the A/F ratios because u can really mess something up. I leaned mine by one point, I think it's about .5 on the tuner. Other than that, u could turn off the speed limits but nobody I know drives faster than the 130MPH (I think thats tha speed limit). Also u can up the idle a few rpm if u prefer. I hope this helps.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:45 AM
slipknotrain
1st Gear Member

yeah man i really appreciate it, thats the kind of stuff i need to know, on diablosport forums i got one reply and the guy said, "read the manual and have fun with it." he might as well not have said anything, but like i said thank you very much. i have a 5 speed and what does upping the idle do for it? i mean, there is no idle for a manual really is there? or am i missing something.

Last edited by slipknotrain; 04-02-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

every car has an idle, that's the point where it sits (idles) at while you are not moving, no foot on the gas or anything. Changing the idle on a manual wouldn't help. I wouldn't bother changing it.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Ultimeas
3rd Gear Member

Be aware, I bumped my timing all the way, and my car lost SERIOUS power after about 4800 rpm. I'm not sure if it was my plugs not providing enough spark or what, but just be careful. I would turn it up little by little and see if you lose power or if anything feels weird.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:06 PM
DVS_Z28
2nd Gear Member

either take it to somebody that knows what there doin or get a dyno tune.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:47 PM
FixFalcon
2nd Gear Member

I bought my car from a guy who installed a 93 octane Diablosport tune, but didn't advance the timing at all so the CEL came on all the time. I advanced the timing 10% and kept using 93 octane gas, and I haven't seen the CEL at all. It also runs as fast as a raped ape, well, as fast as a non-PI 2v raped ape can run.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:18 AM
slipknotrain
1st Gear Member

see, i live in fort smith arkansas and there is no one here who knows anything about it haha, so pretty much tune it to run 93 octane and up timing %10? i will be swapping a 5.4 4v in a month or two but i just want to play with this for now. thank you very much guys.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:11 PM
nbatchler
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by slipknotrain
see, i live in fort smith arkansas and there is no one here who knows anything about it haha, so pretty much tune it to run 93 octane and up timing %10? i will be swapping a 5.4 4v in a month or two but i just want to play with this for now. thank you very much guys.
Do ur self a favor get rid of the Diablo tuner, matter of fact mines up for sale 300 shipped... If u ever plan on supercharging it in the near future sct is the way to go.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:17 PM
DVS_Z28
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nbatchler
Do ur self a favor get rid of the Diablo tuner, matter of fact mines up for sale 300 shipped... If u ever plan on supercharging it in the near future sct is the way to go.
yea but in my case i sold my diablo, bought the SCT, then bought my Vortech and it came with an SCT tuner so lost a lot of money in the long run!

plus it all depends on the tuning software that the tuner has. some may not have SCT, i say sell the diablo and wait till blower time, then get a tuner for your "tuner" haha

Quick Reply: help with predator tuner please!!