4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

SCT or Diablo

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 08:17 PM
SilverGT03
3rd Gear Member

Default SCT or Diablo

I wanted to go with the sniper tuner but unfortunately I don't have a windows computer. My next option would be to go with either the predator or the xcal 3. Are there any differences between the two? I do plan on getting the car dyno tuned eventually if that makes a difference.

Thanks guys
Old 05-27-2009, 08:25 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

yea theres a difference....sct works, and diablo is ****

/thread
Old 05-27-2009, 09:34 PM
SilverGT03
3rd Gear Member

anyone else?
Old 05-27-2009, 11:24 PM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilverGT03
I wanted to go with the sniper tuner but unfortunately I don't have a windows computer. My next option would be to go with either the predator or the xcal 3. Are there any differences between the two? I do plan on getting the car dyno tuned eventually if that makes a difference.

Thanks guys

More tuners will want to use SCT, as far as the ability to tune the car correctly the principle is the same with SCT, Diablo, Sniper, and they all open up virtually the same tables.

I assume you have a Mac ? you could always dual boot with bootcamp.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:28 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stevecooper
More tuners will want to use SCT, as far as the ability to tune the car correctly the principle is the same with SCT, Diablo, Sniper, and they all open up virtually the same tables.

I assume you have a Mac ? you could always dual boot with bootcamp.
I used to duel boot with mac.. FAK that. I hate windows and i couldnt stand the idea of it on my mac. I ended up getting an HP netbook to run my sniper software and datalog on.. runs like a champ.

I would get whatever tuner your local performance shop uses.

If you have a spare 300 to buy a netbook with windows on it i would go that route and get sniper. It works bad ***.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:35 AM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
I used to duel boot with mac.. FAK that. I hate windows and i couldnt stand the idea of it on my mac. I ended up getting an HP netbook to run my sniper software and datalog on.. runs like a champ.

I would get whatever tuner your local performance shop uses.

If you have a spare 300 to buy a netbook with windows on it i would go that route and get sniper. It works bad ***.

Why would you care? its separate partition and in no way alters the performance of OSX partition? Windows will perform very well on a newer Mac as it will run natively. Largely because a newer Mac is Intel based and hardware architecture wise isn't any different from the average PC ( quality is a different story)
Old 05-28-2009, 12:41 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stevecooper
Why would you care? its separate partition and in no way alters the performance of OSX partition? Windows will perform very well on a newer Mac as it will run natively. Largely because a newer Mac is Intel based and hardware architecture wise isn't any different from the average PC ( quality is a different story)
Because im super **** about my mac computers. LOL its is 100% irrational, I just dont like windows. Its a POS os IMO. The only good that comes from windows is counterstrike
Old 05-28-2009, 12:43 AM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
Because im super **** about my mac computers. LOL its is 100% irrational, I just dont like windows. Its a POS os IMO. The only good that comes from windows is counterstrike
My GF is the same way, she was not pleased when she came home to find me messing around with Advantage III on her Mac.

Time for bed.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:33 AM
sainthk
2nd Gear Member

I also love my MAC!!!!!!!!! F**k Windows.

But when did this turn into a computer thread?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 05-28-2009, 01:36 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sainthk
I also love my MAC!!!!!!!!! F**k Windows.

But when did this turn into a computer thread?!?!?!?!?!?
About the 4th post

Quick Reply: SCT or Diablo