4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Why Some Of Us Are Going To The Darkside

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 02:01 PM
S281Sinister
Banned

Default Why Some Of Us Are Going To The Darkside

(this is also posted in the "only bolt-ons?" thread to raise awareness)

there are a couple members here who have had a change of heart and have gone to the so called "Darkside" those members have been bashed on and called stupid all for making a very logical choice which is to attain a better platform.
a Bolt-on ls1 will put out more horses than any bolt-on "foxbody, any pre 03-04 Cobra, new edge, S197 and hell even the s281 s/c saleens" with that said.
a full bolt-on ls1 (lid, air filter, full exhaust, gears, ud pulleys, and a stall if auto) will do low 12's to even high 11's with DR's. that's Terminator territory there.
an H/C (assuming the ls1 has the ls6 intake already) plus bolt ons will run next to or even edge on a ported, pullied and exhaust terminator.
all this for under $4k if you shop around and do the work yourself. thats $4k to run with the terminators and i'll even go as far as saying it's actually possible to beat one with those mods.
now let's say the ls1 owner wants to get crazy and just nuke the mustang to hell, he/she can actually go F/I on a completely stock ls1 (internals and all) add a catback and be making around 525 rwhp with about 550ft-lb of trq..thats on a stock engine with no other mods all this for about $5k-6k.
let's say the ls1 owner thinks 500 rwhp is not enough so he goes ahead adds full bolt-ons and a nice H/C combo plus the blower and your little 281's wont even comprehend the amount of power that will make to the ground. with a little suspension work and a re built rear end the terminator will not even touch it.
so for all the people bashing on the former mustang owners who wised up and went with the most logical way to actually make some serious power without having to spend $30k on a car, don't worry the new ls1 (hell even lt1's) owners are quietly laughing at you ignorant bastards who think your mustang's can't be touched.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:09 PM
black35th
4th Gear Member

You had to make a new thread about this? Are you asking for an argument?

Next time, "wise up" and post this in General Discussion instead of the tech section. You probably just bumped someone else's thread that might have actually needed help.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:14 PM
black35th
4th Gear Member

I'll go ahead and repost what I said in the other thread for you.

Originally Posted by S281Sinister
(this is also posted in the "only bolt-ons?" thread to raise awareness)

there are a couple members here who have had a change of heart and have gone to the so called "Darkside" those members have been bashed on and called stupid all for making a very logical choice which is to attain a better platform.
a Bolt-on ls1 will put out more horses than any bolt-on "foxbody, any pre 03-04 Cobra, new edge, S197 and hell even the s281 s/c saleens" with that said.
a full bolt-on ls1 (lid, air filter, full exhaust, gears, ud pulleys, and a stall if auto) will do low 12's to even high 11's with DR's. that's Terminator territory there.
an H/C (assuming the ls1 has the ls6 intake already) plus bolt ons will run next to or even edge on a ported, pullied and exhaust terminator.
all this for under $4k if you shop around and do the work yourself. thats $4k to run with the terminators and i'll even go as far as saying it's actually possible to beat one with those mods.
now let's say the ls1 owner wants to get crazy and just nuke the mustang to hell, he/she can actually go F/I on a completely stock ls1 (internals and all) add a catback and be making around 525 rwhp with about 550ft-lb of trq..thats on a stock engine with no other mods all this for about $5k-6k.
let's say the ls1 owner thinks 500 rwhp is not enough so he goes ahead adds full bolt-ons and a nice H/C combo plus the blower and your little 281's wont even comprehend the amount of power that will make to the ground. with a little suspension work and a re built rear end the terminator will not even touch it.
so for all the people bashing on the former mustang owners who wised up and went with the most logical way to actually make some serious power without having to spend $30k on a car, don't worry the new ls1 (hell even lt1's) owners are quietly laughing at you ignorant bastards who think your mustang's can't be touched.

Easy there Chief. I don't remember seeing ANY threads where people have bashed other people for swapping to a F-body, and I've been around here for a couple years now.

Secondly, there is no replacement for displacement, any retard knows that. If we had the same displacement (or close for that matter) of the LSx motors then it would be more of a fair game.

Third, there are a couple people on here and numerous people on other forums that are exceeding 600RWHP with just the "little 281" and the help of FI, and they haven't spent $30k.

You know something else that amazes me? I've seen plenty of "little 281's" run better times than a F-body with 100 more HP. It's not all in the dyno numbers pal, the track times are what count.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:15 PM
00' GT
2nd Gear Member

[QUOTE=S281Sinister;6258697](this is also posted in the "only bolt-ons?" thread to raise awareness) blah, blah, blah! for those who are now hatin on mustangs you sure spend a lot of time posting in here! complex heh! i cant speak for everyone else on here, but for me its not just about "POWER" . camaro's t/a's look like ****. inside and out. i havent seen one over a couple yrs old that wont rattle ya to death with all the loose interior pieces. only Ls platform car that, in my mind, thats worth a **** is tha vette! mainly the z06! so unless u got one of those shut up!
Old 06-05-2009, 02:21 PM
S281Sinister
Banned

^^ of course the whole looks and interior argument to make up for no argument.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:27 PM
black35th
4th Gear Member

We'll just carry over to this thread ok?

Your response:
Originally Posted by S281Sinister
1998 camaro SS M6, LS6 Cam Only 11.45 120.46 1.65 60 436RWHP & 388RWTQ
for more times pal check here http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/11-second-club-87/ yeah dynos dont mean much. i recall a few threads were members have gone to ls1's and they get cracked on and give a hard time (but this is MF the place ruled by the OT members)

EDIT: the whole $30k thing was directed as to buying a 03-04 cobra
You act like that's some great achievement? There are people here running mid 11's with cams and a shot of juice. F*ck Dimebag is running 12.0's with a BONE stock motor, 100 shot, 4.10's, and DR's.

Not exactly sure what your argument here is?
Old 06-05-2009, 02:28 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Wait, what... who are you?
Old 06-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

hes the newest admission to the ride of the months banned camp.