4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Getting Blown :D

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:13 PM
mustang_pa
4th Gear Member

Nice buy. Welcome to world of boost...
Old 06-22-2009, 04:01 PM
lilmarc1988
2nd Gear Member

i'll give you 1 grand for that! good luck with finding everything else for it.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:48 PM
agarr19
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Eduardo
glad to see you actually bought it man and great price. dont worry about the other parts, they're easy to find. the hardest thing to find is a good blower and you already got that. you're going to love it
sounds good....even with all those little bolts and crap?
Old 06-22-2009, 05:40 PM
youkairyu32
1st Gear Member

Good buy dude. For parts try calling Vortech, they can sell you everything that you need. I have a V2 myself, their superchargers are totally ****. Your hardest time is going to be installing an oil drain... they usually want you to tap and die your oilpan just underneath the crank pulley. Don't forget a new belt and a new high flow pump (255 l/hr i think...), and when you get a positive oil pressure line put to the charger, make sure it is beefy; the one that Vortech sent me blew out at 30 miles! If you have any questions about what you need or what to do feel free to ask. Have fun!
Old 06-22-2009, 07:16 PM
agarr19
3rd Gear Member

is the fuel pump in the tank? and doesnt vortech rip you off with all of the parts?
Old 06-22-2009, 08:30 PM
youkairyu32
1st Gear Member

Yes, the fuel pump is in the tank, you have to drop the tank to change the pump. It takes about 2 hours with a jack and some hand tools (from start to finish with the new pump installed). However, you need to disconnect the fuel line which takes a special set of plastic rings that can be bought at any local auto parts store.

Also yes, lol, Vortech is expensive as all heck. However, if you run into parts that you can't find elsewhere it really helps. For instance, there is a little gold nozzle that squirts the oil into the charger, mine broke when installing it because I over torqued it. Vortech is the only place you are going to find something like that. However the tiny little machined metal piece did cost me 50 bucks.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:47 PM
mustangman281
Banned

Originally Posted by youkairyu32
Yes, the fuel pump is in the tank, you have to drop the tank to change the pump. It takes about 2 hours with a jack and some hand tools (from start to finish with the new pump installed). However, you need to disconnect the fuel line which takes a special set of plastic rings that can be bought at any local auto parts store.

Also yes, lol, Vortech is expensive as all heck. However, if you run into parts that you can't find elsewhere it really helps. For instance, there is a little gold nozzle that squirts the oil into the charger, mine broke when installing it because I over torqued it. Vortech is the only place you are going to find something like that. However the tiny little machined metal piece did cost me 50 bucks.
2 hours to change a fuel pump I would sell my tools if it took me that long. The first time I installed a pump it took an hour now maybe 30 min. I had my buddy install his and he is a car retard and it took him under an hour.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman281
2 hours to change a fuel pump I would sell my tools if it took me that long. The first time I installed a pump it took an hour now maybe 30 min. I had my buddy install his and he is a car retard and it took him under an hour.

I think the hardest part for a Novice is getting the courage to start.

After you do it once (AND have the right tools) you'll knock it out quick and easy every time.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:09 PM
agarr19
3rd Gear Member

im not that worried about putting the charger in its finding all the parts for it
Old 06-22-2009, 09:17 PM
youkairyu32
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman281
Lol, I am usually in no rush so I take my time. :P I supposed I will go sell my tools then... haha

Quick Reply: Getting Blown :D