4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

ENGINE!?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:13 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman281
Get your pen and paper out son because you are about to get schooled.

J. Mihovetz car was a 1600hp TT cougar using a Teksid block that was race prepped (filled). SHM uses the production Teksid blocks for their 1000hp shortblocks. For their 1600hp they use a race prepped Teksid. Race prepped blocks are not streetable blocks.

The 01.5-04 Mustang GT block is the exact same romeo casting as the 03-04 cobra blocks. The only difference is the cobra blocks were machined for 4 bolt mains. The 96-98 GT blocks are are close to the 01.5-04 except they have a bit more webbing which needs to be trimmed to install a cobra crank.

You saying the 2v blocks are only good to 550-600 if reinforced just goes to show your ignorance. I for one am making much more that that using a 2v block along with thousands of guys like me.

The 3v block is the strongest production aluminum block ford ever produced and will handle 1400hp.

The 99-01 aluminum blocks used in the cobras and machs were crap and only handle 900hp

Seriously get your head out of hylands book because it is complete garbage full of mis information.
Owned.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Smokin04
2nd Gear Member

Get your pen and paper out son because you are about to get schooled.

J. Mihovetz car was a 1600hp TT cougar using a Teksid block that was race prepped (filled). SHM uses the production Teksid blocks for their 1000hp shortblocks. For their 1600hp they use a race prepped Teksid. Race prepped blocks are not streetable blocks.
You're right, he uses the Teksid like his b*tch. They can support any amount of power you want to throw at it with prep work. Also I never said Mihovetz's car was a Stang, so i hardly see how that's relevant. You basically agreed with everything I said. Here I'll post it again so you can re-read it:

J. Mihovetz runs a Teksid based modular at 2000 HP (that was 2 years ago). SHM race block will also handle that kind of power. SHM supplied a 5.4 race block for him now with Darton sleeves, rated to around 3000 HP.

The 01.5-04 Mustang GT block is the exact same romeo casting as the 03-04 cobra blocks. The only difference is the cobra blocks were machined for 4 bolt mains. The 96-98 GT blocks are are close to the 01.5-04 except they have a bit more webbing which needs to be trimmed to install a cobra crank.
The cobra blocks came from the factory with 4 bolt mains. The 2V motors use a dowel in the place of the "4th bolt" main caps help in place by a side bolt. They are NOT the same. Again read the book.

You saying the 2v blocks are only good to 550-600 if reinforced just goes to show your ignorance. I for one am making much more that that using a 2v block along with thousands of guys like me.
http://www.mre-books.com/sa82/sa82_1.html

^ you really need to read this before you claim I don't know what I'M talking about. Because right now, proving you wrong is a big waste of my time.

The 3v block is the strongest production aluminum block ford ever produced and will handle 1400hp.
I have yet to see or hear of one 05+ GT make 1400 HP. Justin Burcham is the fastest 3V in the country...He doesn't make anywhere near 1400 HP, so i'm sure curious where you get your information from. Just keep reading, eventually in a few years, you'll get on my level.

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/eve...ond/index.html

The 99-01 aluminum blocks used in the cobras and machs were crap and only handle 900hp
You must be refferring to the WAP blocks that came in SOME of those cars. Approx half of the 99-01's still have Teksids in them. Read the above book link. You my friend have a lot of research to do. And if that was true...when is a block that can handle 900 HP considered "crappy"? Are you really reading what you're typing? I'm in disbelief that people may actually listen to you at this point.

Seriously get your head out of hylands book because it is complete garbage full of mis information.
Right, because you know more about the modular V8 than Sean Hyland. He's only been on the fore front of modular engine development for the past 13 years. We're you even driving then? Anybody else reading...is this guy for real?

You need to go back to school, or fire whom ever home schooled you, because ths far your knowledge of modular engines and components are about equal to a 3rd graders knowledge of particle physics. You're a joke.

Last edited by Smokin04; 06-24-2009 at 01:57 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:41 PM
mustangman281
Banned

Your not going to get a teksid to handle 2000hp I don't care if you completely fill all the water passages. So stop with the whole mihovetz making a 2000hp engine with a teksid. He only had a 1600hp teksid based engine.

The cobra blocks came from the factory with 4 bolt mains. The 2V motors use a dowel in place of the "4 bolt" front and rear caps help in place by a side bolt. They are NOT the same. Again read the book.
You have no clue what your talking about. ALL MODULAR BLOCKS HAVE SIDE BOLTS with the windsors using dowels and romeos using jack screws to include the COBRA BLOCKS WITH 4 BOLT MAINS. They are the exact same block castings.

I had that book and read it then used it to start the fire out back to burn all the parts boxes from when I built my car. It is garbage.

[IMG]Quote: Originally Posted by mustangman281 View Post The 3v block is the strongest production aluminum block ford ever produced and will handle 1400hp. I have yet to see or hear of one 05+ GT make 1400 HP. Justin Burcham is the fastest 3V in the country...He doesn't make anywhere near 1400 HP, so i'm sure curious where you get your information from. Just keep reading, eventually in a few years, you'll get on my level.[/IMG]
yeah JPC racings car is fast at low 8 second runs but to get that on a race weight doesn't take 1400 hp. The blocks are rated at 1400.

Yes a blocks that will split in half at 900hp is garbage in my book.

I know you paid a shop to build your car for you and you have a 900hp car but that and read the internet and a few garbage books doesn't make you smarter then me.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Smokin04
2nd Gear Member

Whatever man. Just agree to disagree then and shut the hell up. It's obvious that no amount of legitamate proof will make you admit the incorrect statements you're making.

If you consider 3500 lbs "race weight"...And I'm still waiting for you to state your source on where a factory 05+ block can handle 1400 HP.

And no shop has ever touched my car. I have pictures of ME doing the entire build on my fquick just to prove idiots like you wrong.

I truly feel sorry for you because you honestly believe you know more than Sean Hyland.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:50 AM
mustangman281
Banned

I'll agree that you read too many useless books and don't have enough experience.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:39 AM
Smokin04
2nd Gear Member

Just for the record...Mihovetz makes a little over 2400 hp on his Teksid based race motor. 2800 pound class weight minimum and trapping 224. Do you need a link to a good calculator?
Old 06-24-2009, 02:07 AM
mustangman281
Banned

It atually made 2300 on an engine dyno and this is what he does to the blocks to get them to hold over 1400hp.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:19 AM
Smokin04
2nd Gear Member

So it can make more than 2000? You should know right, I mean you built if for him didn't you?

Now find me a factory cobra block that has made over 2000 hp like you claim they can support, and I'll be impressed.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:26 AM
Smokin04
2nd Gear Member

Your not going to get a teksid to handle 2000hp I don't care if you completely fill all the water passages. So stop with the whole mihovetz making a 2000hp engine with a teksid. He only had a 1600hp teksid based engine.
Just checking...I mean you did post that.

It atually made 2300 on an engine dyno and this is what he does to the blocks to get them to hold over 1400hp.
^ And then you posted that. Not a very convincing point.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:26 AM
mustangman281
Banned

Its completely filled filled dumb ***. It can handle more then 2000hp. But try and drive that car to anywhere but down the strip once.

Quick Reply: ENGINE!?!?!?!?