4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

$1750, Worth It?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 06:29 AM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

reznap...what kind of numbers are you makin?

as far as going full bolt ons and regretting it...never. i love the way my car sounds and performs n/a. plus i've been to the track twice in the 3 years i've owned my car. i do mostly in town driving, and really don't go WOT often enough to warrant having a supercharger right now. though i guess if i had one, i may go to the track more often.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:30 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JB04GT
I'm guessing your advice is to go straight to a supercharger right?
yes, many members wish they had just gone stright there.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:00 PM
agarr19
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
+1 i wish i went straight there i just recently bought it but after i put full bolt ons on my car
Old 07-21-2009, 04:41 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Regret getting bolt ons...never....regret not getting a supercharger while i had a big chunk of cash and just slowly adding bolt ons afterwards...definitely...
Old 07-21-2009, 05:30 PM
JB04GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
Ok I guess I will call the shop and have some things put on hold. Now, should I at least do the gears? Also with the tune what improvements will that render?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:16 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

out of all the mods you listed, i would definitely do the gears.

btw..what are your goals for the car?
Old 07-21-2009, 11:14 PM
JB04GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
out of all the mods you listed, i would definitely do the gears.

btw..what are your goals for the car?
Goals are to reach 375 horses! Sounds weird but thats all the power I need. September or December a Novi is getting installed. I only drive my car about 8 thousand miles a year since I have a company car. I just want a build that will last and I want a sleeper for those times when I need to get on it.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:55 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Wait untill you do the blower and do it all at once. You will need a tuner for the blower anyways, so wait till then and you can correct the tune for the new gears. Forget the pulley, can't use that. TB/Plenum is useful enough to include.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:04 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Do gears and a tuner a while because neither of them have anything remotely to do with the supercharger install and there really isnt any factor of having it all installed at the same time that will make it any cheaper. And it will give the OP something more fun to hold him over until he gets his blower. Gears are an awesome mod...from what i hear. I will have more first hand info on that tomorrow
Old 07-22-2009, 03:18 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Do gears and a tuner a while because neither of them have anything remotely to do with the supercharger install and there really isnt any factor of having it all installed at the same time that will make it any cheaper. And it will give the OP something more fun to hold him over until he gets his blower. Gears are an awesome mod...from what i hear. I will have more first hand info on that tomorrow
He needs a tuner for the gears. He needs a tuner for the blower. Depending on what blower setup he gets, it may come with a tuner as part of the kit. This is why I recommended waiting. If he buys a predator, and gears, he will need to get another tuner when he gets the blower. So why not just wait, and get one tuner? It'll save him some dough. And, as far as not having anything to do with eachother for the install, it will be in the shop, getting worked on, as he is obviously not doing this himself. SO, if he did it all at once, thats less down time for his car, which is a good thing to consider, especially if its a daily driver.

Quick Reply: $1750, Worth It?