4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

TF head numbers...not too bad!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 08:31 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

thats more than 375hp at the flywheel...more like 400 to the flywheel. And it even has room to grow with more aggressive cams and port work. But these numbers are very impressive. I cannot wait til i can put a set on my car!!! I think someone should do a head swap without doing the cams so we can see how much power these things really give over stock heads.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:35 AM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

Very Cool!! I am starting a Donation Link.... Just Click HERE and Send me some cash so i can get a set of these heads, I promise to post dyno numbers before N After and with Bunch of other mods!!!
Old 08-07-2009, 08:44 AM
RipTide7
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ryan86272
Very Cool!! I am starting a Donation Link.... Just Click HERE and Send me some cash so i can get a set of these heads, I promise to post dyno numbers before N After and with Bunch of other mods!!!
Who care what theyll do to a PI engine. Send donations to me and we ll see just how much better these are over NPI heads! Now that will be a real comparison test!
Old 08-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Roush2002
3rd Gear Member

i was told by 3 different popular engine build companys that most people will never use the potential of the TF heads. Im guessing that means they are more for the racer than the average joe who wont ever really get too extreme in the rwhp range. I was told this while researching shortblocks I want to buy.

oh, just to add they said just having work done to the stock heads or going with the patriots is all most people really need. So why pay the extra money I asked???? The answer was that because everyone wants the WOW factor...basically just to be able to say they have TF heads.

Last edited by Roush2002; 08-07-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:52 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

I really don't care what they will do on a stock car... because let's be honest.... who is buying these for a stock car with no cams.

I want to see what ported set of heads, a matching set of cams and a large enough intake and exhaust setup will do.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:46 AM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
I really don't care what they will do on a stock car... because let's be honest.... who is buying these for a stock car with no cams.

I want to see what ported set of heads, a matching set of cams and a large enough intake and exhaust setup will do.
+1 and might as well add some high compression pistons too and go all out.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:52 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Also don't forget that particular car is an auto...
Old 08-07-2009, 10:46 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roush2002
i was told by 3 different popular engine build companys that most people will never use the potential of the TF heads. Im guessing that means they are more for the racer than the average joe who wont ever really get too extreme in the rwhp range. I was told this while researching shortblocks I want to buy.

oh, just to add they said just having work done to the stock heads or going with the patriots is all most people really need. So why pay the extra money I asked???? The answer was that because everyone wants the WOW factor...basically just to be able to say they have TF heads.

even if they arent using the "full" potiential they will still make more power then the other guy with ported stock heads. if it were me id spend the extra money for a set of REAL heads
Old 08-07-2009, 11:53 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fs308
even if they arent using the "full" potiential they will still make more power then the other guy with ported stock heads. if it were me id spend the extra money for a set of REAL heads
And to add to this... yeah.. you'd be crazy to buy these heads if you're a simple bolt on car (which is what most people are) hell you'd be crazy to buy any heads at that level, not just TFS heads.

But for those of us who are actually putting money into our cars, it won't take long before their potential is realized. Plus, it's not like ported stock castings are really that much cheaper than these heads.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:57 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

hopefully i will have the CMS head/cam combo and mac lt's by winter!! cant wait.

Quick Reply: TF head numbers...not too bad!