4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Fuel Injectors!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 09:57 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

If hes a mechanic he should know that nearly doubling the injector size on a car will require a tune
Old 08-21-2009, 10:00 PM
nkguillen1
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jvog
If hes a mechanic he should know that nearly doubling the injector size on a car will require a tune
He didn't know the stick injector size, he wasn't there when i changed them.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nkguillen1
2001 GT, what is the stock fuel injector size, this is killing me!!!

Stock, 19
Old 08-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jvog
Correct, and technically changing injectors of the same flow rate but a different brand can / should require a tune.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:13 PM
nkguillen1
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stevecooper
Correct, and technically changing injectors of the same flow rate but a different brand can / should require a tune.
that's my next move
Old 08-22-2009, 04:05 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

He didn't know it was going to need a tune and honestly neither did I. Nothing got messed up thank god, but i do need the tune bad, but i need the money to do it worse, then i can sell my baby.
Neither you or your mechanic thought it would need a tune?

If you are selling the car anyway then why not put it back to stock and sell the s/c here or on eBay? The car will be easier to sell in stock condition, and you'll likely get more for the s/c by selling it separately than by leaving it on the car...
Old 08-22-2009, 08:41 AM
nkguillen1
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
Neither you or your mechanic thought it would need a tune?

If you are selling the car anyway then why not put it back to stock and sell the s/c here or on eBay? The car will be easier to sell in stock condition, and you'll likely get more for the s/c by selling it separately than by leaving it on the car...
Cause what it will take to get that supercharger off is not something that i have anymore. Plus the hole that i had to tap in ym oil pan and my vaccum lines for this thing, i don't even want to go there on what the hell i'll need to do to fix it. I know it'll prolly be worth more, but hey when you need money you need money, as long as it settles my debt i'll take anything for it.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:44 AM
jimmyDiablo
1st Gear Member

I have Steeda injectors on mine, not sure of what model or psi. they came on the car. Mine is tuned according to the dealer.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:19 PM
stalkr

Default better 60 footer time

i have a 96 standard mustang with all bolt-ons, stage II cams, n sct tunning. i run wit 28 by 10.5 by 15 slicks, upper and lower control arms, n a detroit full locker. I have a 2.002 60 footer and i ran a best of 13.6 at 102. My friend has a 1.802 60 footer and ran 13.5 at 100 and dats without suspension upgrades and with 26 by 10 by 15 slicks. Wat is dat i need to better my 60 footer. I have good top end i just need to better my 60 footer. help me!
Old 08-22-2009, 05:20 PM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

Cause what it will take to get that supercharger off is not something that i have anymore. Plus the hole that i had to tap in ym oil pan and my vaccum lines for this thing, i don't even want to go there on what the hell i'll need to do to fix it. I know it'll prolly be worth more, but hey when you need money you need money, as long as it settles my debt i'll take anything for it.
I get what you're saying about not wanting to go through the trouble of taking it off but the things you mentioned aren't a big deal.

On the metal oil discharge tube coming out of your oil pan put a rubber cap over it with a hose clamp or zip tie.

For the vacuum line where you probably have a T-fitting due to the bypass valve just put the original straight connector back in or buy one for a couple dollars.

I agree it may be a much better idea to sell the car without the blower because you'll most likely make more money.

Quick Reply: Fuel Injectors!!!