4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Gears and exphaust help

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:21 PM
bjm3.8
2nd Gear Member

Default Gears and exphaust help

So here in the next week or two I'll be ordering some 4:10's along with an XCal 3. When i order the gears do i need to go on and get the bearing kit? I'm most likely going to order the Handheld from VMPtuning anyone ever deal with them? Finally, my current exhaust set up is MAC Lt's X-pipe and some Flows(not sure the which ones they came on the car lol), but I've decided i want a new cat-back this one just isn't cutting it. I've looked at borla stingers but their pretty pricey, I've also looked at the Magnapacks but i just can't find any videos that are good. So I'm look for some suggestions guys lol
Old 08-28-2009, 12:30 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

I think the rule for bearings is typically if your car has over 50,000 miles go ahead and replace them.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:34 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Yes you will need a new bearing kit.

I love the sound of an all Mac exhaust, LTs, O/R H pipe and their catback. Sounds great and has a nice deep rumble.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:36 PM
TheMustang
2nd Gear Member

Get the bearing kit and exhaust is a personal preference. Go on youtube and search search search.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:32 PM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Yep, get the bearing kit and may want axle seals too. I did mine and they did need to be done. I figure if you are already there, why not right? Exhaust is pure preference. Mustangexhaust.com, youtube, streetfire all good places to look.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:48 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bjm3.8
So here in the next week or two I'll be ordering some 4:10's along with an XCal 3. When i order the gears do i need to go on and get the bearing kit? I'm most likely going to order the Handheld from VMPtuning anyone ever deal with them? Finally, my current exhaust set up is MAC Lt's X-pipe and some Flows(not sure the which ones they came on the car lol), but I've decided i want a new cat-back this one just isn't cutting it. I've looked at borla stingers but their pretty pricey, I've also looked at the Magnapacks but i just can't find any videos that are good. So I'm look for some suggestions guys lol
If you like Borla Stingers, then check out SSS Exhaust. It has the sound and quality of Borla, but half the price.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:01 PM
mrsinister2424
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
If you like Borla Stingers, then check out SSS Exhaust. It has the sound and quality of Borla, but half the price.
OH YEAH!?!?!?

Well *I* think he should get my exhaust combo cause its the bestttt

@OP: General rule: Xpipes+ flows = ****ty *** clappy exhaust.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:13 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrsinister2424
OH YEAH!?!?!?

Well *I* think he should get my exhaust combo cause its the bestttt

@OP: General rule: Xpipes+ flows = ****ty *** clappy exhaust.

Haha... no i just mentioned SSS, because he expressed an interest in the Stingers, but didn't like the price.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:22 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Well if its price ur not likin, check out SSS as mentioned above, or search until you can find some SLP's on ebay...
Old 08-28-2009, 02:29 PM
grif62
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bjm3.8
I just got a dyno tune from vmp, hes a nice guy, I dont see y u guys can work something together. Exhaust, depends what u want muscle or raspy?

Quick Reply: Gears and exphaust help