MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   LT Headers installed with O/R H-Pipe (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/561730-lt-headers-installed-with-o-r-h-pipe.html)

Riggs 09-10-2009 04:10 PM

LT Headers installed with O/R H-Pipe

Just had to put up a post since I just got this project finished. Headers are a pain in the a$$. That being said, if you are planing on doing LT's, you will most likely be dropping the K member. Get a tubular one. Wish I would have.

I love the sound of my car now, the only issue I have to sort out is with the LT's my steering shaft/column is rubbing up against my header. Think it might be time for a little bet of a hammer to fix that.

-Riggs

mustangmancp 09-10-2009 05:27 PM

Awesome man! Im lookin at headers soon too!

Now get that PI swap!! haha

ddmsgtr1 09-10-2009 05:51 PM

When will you be posting the video of the new exhaust?

fisher2985 09-10-2009 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Riggs (Post 6486004)
Just had to put up a post since I just got this project finished. Headers are a pain in the a$$. That being said, if you are planing on doing LT's, you will most likely be dropping the K member. Get a tubular one. Wish I would have.

I love the sound of my car now, the only issue I have to sort out is with the LT's my steering shaft/column is rubbing up against my header. Think it might be time for a little bet of a hammer to fix that.

-Riggs

u can adjust the steering shaft before u break out the hammer. the shaft is designed to slide in and out(probably just stuck) so u can get the steering u joint off of the header.

Riggs 09-11-2009 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by fisher2985 (Post 6486522)
u can adjust the steering shaft before u break out the hammer. the shaft is designed to slide in and out(probably just stuck) so u can get the steering u joint off of the header.

I'm going to be working on that issue tomorrow. I'll have to see if that will give me enough clearance.

H0SS302 09-11-2009 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Riggs (Post 6487325)
I'm going to be working on that issue tomorrow. I'll have to see if that will give me enough clearance.

Same issue here. I sent an email to pypes 2x about my headers(I have the first gen lts) and they never emailed me back a thing. All I said was they need to move the primary bend.. maybe a degree in one spot and that would fix it but they continue to produce a product they KNOW will rub. there good lts if you can get over having to screw with the u joint.

Roush2002 09-11-2009 07:42 AM

question for you guys with LT's. Lets say you have the exhaust setup you want out back and you are ready to swap the stock manifold out for LT's. Does the sound change much? Enough to be worth the money?

mrtstang 09-11-2009 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Roush2002 (Post 6487699)
question for you guys with LT's. Lets say you have the exhaust setup you want out back and you are ready to swap the stock manifold out for LT's. Does the sound change much? Enough to be worth the money?

Well, i guess it's a matter of opinion. It was for me. The long tubes alone had a slightly deeper and smoother idle, and under WOT it sounded much more beast like...quite a bit louder and deeper.

Roush2002 09-11-2009 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by mrtstang (Post 6487706)
Well, i guess it's a matter of opinion. It was for me. The long tubes alone had a slightly deeper and smoother idle, and under WOT it sounded much more beast like...quite a bit louder and deeper.

thanks, good to know. Sounds like its worth it then. I guess its louder and deeper at WOT because of more flow from removing that stock bottle neck :icon_shrug:

grif62 09-11-2009 08:20 AM

Is it pypes the only company that has this problem?
If not, do you think ARH will have this problem?