4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

LT Headers installed with O/R H-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Riggs
1st Gear Member

Default LT Headers installed with O/R H-Pipe

Just had to put up a post since I just got this project finished. Headers are a pain in the a$$. That being said, if you are planing on doing LT's, you will most likely be dropping the K member. Get a tubular one. Wish I would have.

I love the sound of my car now, the only issue I have to sort out is with the LT's my steering shaft/column is rubbing up against my header. Think it might be time for a little bet of a hammer to fix that.

-Riggs
Old 09-10-2009, 05:27 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Awesome man! Im lookin at headers soon too!

Now get that PI swap!! haha
Old 09-10-2009, 05:51 PM
ddmsgtr1
4th Gear Member

When will you be posting the video of the new exhaust?
Old 09-10-2009, 07:48 PM
fisher2985
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riggs
Just had to put up a post since I just got this project finished. Headers are a pain in the a$$. That being said, if you are planing on doing LT's, you will most likely be dropping the K member. Get a tubular one. Wish I would have.

I love the sound of my car now, the only issue I have to sort out is with the LT's my steering shaft/column is rubbing up against my header. Think it might be time for a little bet of a hammer to fix that.

-Riggs
u can adjust the steering shaft before u break out the hammer. the shaft is designed to slide in and out(probably just stuck) so u can get the steering u joint off of the header.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Riggs
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by fisher2985
u can adjust the steering shaft before u break out the hammer. the shaft is designed to slide in and out(probably just stuck) so u can get the steering u joint off of the header.
I'm going to be working on that issue tomorrow. I'll have to see if that will give me enough clearance.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:34 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riggs
I'm going to be working on that issue tomorrow. I'll have to see if that will give me enough clearance.
Same issue here. I sent an email to pypes 2x about my headers(I have the first gen lts) and they never emailed me back a thing. All I said was they need to move the primary bend.. maybe a degree in one spot and that would fix it but they continue to produce a product they KNOW will rub. there good lts if you can get over having to screw with the u joint.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Roush2002
3rd Gear Member

question for you guys with LT's. Lets say you have the exhaust setup you want out back and you are ready to swap the stock manifold out for LT's. Does the sound change much? Enough to be worth the money?
Old 09-11-2009, 07:51 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roush2002
question for you guys with LT's. Lets say you have the exhaust setup you want out back and you are ready to swap the stock manifold out for LT's. Does the sound change much? Enough to be worth the money?
Well, i guess it's a matter of opinion. It was for me. The long tubes alone had a slightly deeper and smoother idle, and under WOT it sounded much more beast like...quite a bit louder and deeper.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Roush2002
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Well, i guess it's a matter of opinion. It was for me. The long tubes alone had a slightly deeper and smoother idle, and under WOT it sounded much more beast like...quite a bit louder and deeper.
thanks, good to know. Sounds like its worth it then. I guess its louder and deeper at WOT because of more flow from removing that stock bottle neck
Old 09-11-2009, 08:20 AM
grif62
2nd Gear Member

Is it pypes the only company that has this problem?
If not, do you think ARH will have this problem?

Quick Reply: LT Headers installed with O/R H-Pipe