4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Need new tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 12:16 PM
gif4445
4th Gear Member

Default Need new tires

Hey guys, i'm thinking bout getting different tires. Right now i have Lexani 9100. Driving in the rain yesterday, my back end wasn't holding to the street......unfortunately i have to drive in snow every once in awhile here in Nebraska.

So i'm looking for a good set of all season tires. Possibly, a new set of rims to go with it.

Help me out please!
Old 09-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Riggs
1st Gear Member

I have some firestone firehawks on my 16's for winter driving. I also had about 300 lbs of sand tubes in my trunk though. I got around pretty well, just have to know how to handle it.

What part of Nebraska are you from? I'm from GI, but I live in Omaha, and cruise/party in Lincoln.

Riggs-
Old 09-12-2009, 05:26 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Haha just wanted to get another guy from Nebraska in the thread.

I think you should be able to find out which tire you should get cause I remember reading a few threads about good seasonal tires.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:54 PM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

I just got Nitto NT555's and can now actually drive in the rain without worrying about every single turn.

I don't know if it's because they are really good tires, because they are new, or a combination of the two but I really like these tires.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Capt Hair
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by vanquish
I just got Nitto NT555's and can now actually drive in the rain without worrying about every single turn.

I don't know if it's because they are really good tires, because they are new, or a combination of the two but I really like these tires.
same here never had issues in rain, and I've driven with these things on some light ice and snow too. Actually snowed in south carolina, i was shocked i didn't lose traction or anything.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:02 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I live in PA and last winter i got stuck in a city 45 minutes away from where i live in my car with NT555's (285/35-18's which suck in the snow because of the low profile and because of the width) in 4 inches of snow and these tires did extremely well. I had to pull out onto a road from a hill and i accomplished this without traction control. So you should be fine to buy those and they will work well for you. And they arent that bad with traction and handling either.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:25 AM
gif4445
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riggs
What part of Nebraska are you from? I'm from GI, but I live in Omaha, and cruise/party in Lincoln.

Riggs-
I'm in kearney. I went to UNL last year but transfered to UNK. I was in Omaha last weekend then went to lincoln for the Husker game. And, of course, partied my *** off!

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
Haha just wanted to get another guy from Nebraska in the thread.

I think you should be able to find out which tire you should get cause I remember reading a few threads about good seasonal tires.
Go Skers

So it looks like the Nittos, i think if i do this i'll just sell the rims and tires i have now. And get these http://www.americanmuscle.com/blackc...18x9-9404.html with http://www.americanmuscle.com/nitto-...275-35-18.html
Old 09-13-2009, 11:46 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

If I were you I would get a summer tire and a winter tire. The Nittos would be good for the summer but if I were you I would get a good snow tire.

I found this link from another thread and I think it will help you will which tire you should get. They are just customer reviews but it gives you a good idea or how well they will perform. The best rated tires for winter conditions are the Blizzacks. I remember reading many people say good things about them on the forum here. Hope this helps.

Here is the link

Last edited by WannaBeGearHead; 09-13-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:25 PM
gif4445
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
If I were you I would get a summer tire and a winter tire. The Nittos would be good for the summer but if I were you I would get a good snow tire.

I found this link from another thread and I think it will help you will which tire you should get. They are just customer reviews but it gives you a good idea or how well they will perform. The best rated tires for winter conditions are the Blizzacks. I remember reading many people say good things about them on the forum here. Hope this helps.

Here is the link
That did really help actually. The problem i have is $$ of course

If i pull the trigger it'll be on just one set of tires.

Hell, i should just buy a truck
Old 09-13-2009, 05:31 PM
mustangman03
3rd Gear Member

I got some BF Goodrich g force T/A or something like that they are a all season tire here is what i do i go on tirerack.com and find a tire i like and try and find someone who can get it local but make sure you check the price sometimes tirerack is cheaper sometimes the local shop is cheaper but dont forget shipping form tirerack

Quick Reply: Need new tires