4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Build Complete

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Talking Build Complete

Well, my build is finally complete except for dyno tune but first need to break in my new motor. It as a long road but yesterday was a night, I got call from MPE Racing that my car is allset two days ahead of schedule I was like a boy at Christmas but only better.

First off, I want to thank Chris at MPE Racing and his team for putting in long hours to get my build complete they were nothing but exceptional. Chris does great work and goes above and beyond making my car just right i.e. cleaned up wiring to BAP and battery location, painted my balancer, etc. I have worked with three different performance shops in my area and MPE stands above the rest.

If you are located close to MASS I highly recommend Chris at MPE Racing. But enough with advertising.

Mods Completed:
Builted MMR 800 short block
3.12" pulley
CMS 2.5 blower cams
Cobra 8 Flywheel
XTD Stage III Clutch (boy this thing grabs so much higher than stock clutch)
MRT Catted H Pipe

And reinstalled blower and aftercooler along with 60 lb injectors.

I already put 110 miles on my car locally within a day and hope in two weeks to have 1,000 miles and get her on the dyno. Once everything is done in a few weeks, I'll try to post up a video my car but have to say MRT Catted H pipe paired with STEEDA catback is simply amazing on my 2V and my CMS 2.5 cams sound nice as well.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:41 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Awesome, congrats, always good to hear a job and goals are achieved. Anxious to see dyno results.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:46 PM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

Wow it seemed like only a few days ago your block took a poo? IIRC then that's really fast turn-around from both MMR and MPE. Congrats - can't wait to see dyno results!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PaintballFreak
Wow it seemed like only a few days ago your block took a poo? IIRC then that's really fast turn-around from both MMR and MPE. Congrats - can't wait to see dyno results!
Yeah it wasn't the block I can't wait for the dyno day along with new tune I am hoping for 450 to 475 rwhp with a conservative tune. It will be interesting but my limit will be due to 90 M Lightning MAF.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:55 PM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

Get a video too if you can. Those cams probably sound good with the blower.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:59 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Glad to hear everything done (except for the dyno). Am anxious to see the numbers you put down.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:13 PM
mustangman03
3rd Gear Member

Thumbs up

i will give you 2 1/2 thumbs up
Old 09-13-2009, 08:34 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Finally. I'm right behind you. I will be starting mine up on Tuesday, just gotta finish up a few little things. What have you heard about the break in procedure?
Old 09-13-2009, 11:55 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Jvog, pm me about break in, we've done countless ones at the shop, and our way has never led to a comeback or problem yet, knock on wood... Ill gladly walk u thru it
Old 09-15-2009, 05:47 PM
neubstang
1st Gear Member

I am glad to hear that you were happy to get your car back, I wish I was there when you picked it up. Chris and I worked all day Friday on your car, we were there until 1:00a.m. Saturday just to make sure you could pick it up on Saturday. I will let everyone at MPE know of your praise, I am jealous because my engine is still on the stand at the MPE shop. Give the shop a call when you get the milage on the clock, I would like to see the numbers on your car.

Quick Reply: Build Complete