4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Finally making progress!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 05:44 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Default Finally making progress!!!!!!!!!

Excuse the excitement Finally getting some good mods together! On the way now I have a set of VT/CMS Stage 1 cams

Innovate lc-1 wideband with analog gauge

Sniper Special Forces tuning kit

Autometer A pillar single gauge pod

Overlay vinyl that goes between the tail lights on the back of the car in gloss black

lower valance (roush style) overlay gloss black

Replacement tail lights (wasn't feeling the Night Shades any more and one was cracked)

Stangmods tail light tints

smoked headlights with clear reflector

and a gloss black overlay for the sunk in part of the hood in front of the scoop

and a set of 1" Wheel spacers.

Pretty to excited to have some new things to do over the winter now I wanted new wheels but shipping up here was to much so I got twice the parts for the money I would of spent! What do you guys think? Any advice? A good cam install guide would be great! I think my wife was being extra nice since I am in the Air Force and just got promoted to Senior Airman. Maybe if I make Staff Sergeant maybe I can get a blower or some suspension mods
Old 10-15-2009, 05:52 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Awesome, congrats on the parts and promotions kick f@#%n a$$!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:07 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

That's quite a list! Congrates on the promotion as well.

I've been to Alaska (Fairbanks and surrounding areas) before. Kind of felt like the upper peninsula in Michigan here. Only on a much grander scale...lol.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:39 PM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

hahahaha lucky you with the wifey! lol congratulations on the promo too!
Old 10-15-2009, 07:59 PM
02stangdude
2nd Gear Member

nice list of parts. should look pretty nasty when they r all on. let us know how thoes cams work for you...been looking into cms and hitech cams but cant decide. iv actually found a few good cam install videos on you tube so try searchin around for them
Old 10-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

No need to excuse the excitement. Who doesn't get excited when they order new parts for their car lol. Looks like you got a good list of things coming and some fun things to install!
Old 10-15-2009, 11:03 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

stg 1 cams? ehhh. ehhh.

lol.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:14 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Hey, anything is better than stock...doncha think??? I mean it might not give you the amazing cam sound but it will give you a couple extra ponies.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:16 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Thanks guys Yeah I went with stage 1 cams because I am stuck in Alaska so I can't get a tune and will be using sniper the best I can to get everything going...hopefully with help from hoss and cliffy I started to do Hitech stage 2 cams but tuning them would not work so well without spending alot more on the commando software. I am mainly going for twisties rather than the strip anyways and am not out for gobs of power. Just a fun to drive car and then once it's payed off look into a second hand BMW m3! Laugh if you must but I love them for some reason but will still keep my car.

I hope the cams will help out a bit and I still need to get the money together for a JLT intake gears and other various things. Shipping is crazy to here so I am going for small things right now. I think the cams will do fine as they have a good ranger of power and I won't be spinning the motor much past 5500 anyways as there is really not much need to with my mods Not to mention I got them with less than 5k on them for a real good price with gears and bolts. So I saved about 350 bucks
Old 10-15-2009, 11:22 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

Only thing better than ordering parts is receiving them, putting them on, then seeing the final result (unless its worse than you thought). When I got the body parts for mine in its was like xmas this month, now after the install Im even happier (pics will be up tomorrow)

Quick Reply: Finally making progress!!!!!!!!!