4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Update?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:44 PM
RyanK
2nd Gear Member

Default Update?

Alright I havnt posted in a while and wanted to give an update and get some ideas from you guys My new project home made twin turbo on my 98, I know its hard but i think the exhuast side well be easy its the cold side that will be hard but im up for the challenge, Im looking at twin t3's, Im looking for only about 350-380 for reliability purpose this will all be home built. Im buying the turbos,battery reloca,intercooler this month the piping next month and I will start a build thread soon! Im undecided on injectors, and where is the best place to get a calibrated MAF, what injectors should i go with and what is a safe psi for the bottom end? input needed thanks guys and I know what im getting into lol
Old 11-22-2009, 01:29 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

do you have a built block or even a Pi swap ? I would get a forged block if you plan to TT your ride. IF anything else just slap a S/C on your GT if you want that power.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:13 AM
RyanK
2nd Gear Member

yes it does have a pi swap, you think i need a forged block for 6-8 psi? supercharger has low end power i want high end power this is a street car i dnt run from stops very much
Old 11-22-2009, 02:24 AM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

I would forge any engine if putting a turbo on it , more so twin babies that kick in twice as fast. As for being a street car you will more then likely have more instances where you will need to stop more so on a any kind of track (Drag , Open , Auto x and major twisties). So I would want more low end power for a street car , thats just me and my opinion tho. Also Centri blowers are not bad for high end boost either , if your not leaving off a trans brake out on straight boost then why would care so much on having more so high end power then a great power curve thats available from soon to end ? do you do alot of roll racing ?
Old 11-22-2009, 01:08 PM
RyanK
2nd Gear Member

I guess but how come guys run 10psi stock internals on there vortec s trims, but i cant run 6-8 on single or twin turbo setup?
Old 11-22-2009, 01:13 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by RyanK
I guess but how come guys run 10psi stock internals on there vortec s trims, but i cant run 6-8 on single or twin turbo setup?
One thing is your compression is over 10:1
Old 11-22-2009, 01:40 PM
RyanK
2nd Gear Member

Oh so this is a bad idea ill blow something? because i was following another project on car domain and stock internals twin turbo he went like 489 or something on a tune, i just wanted 380 but i guess my dreams are gone
Old 11-22-2009, 02:29 PM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

From what i know its safe to run around 6psi because are compression is bumped big time from the pi swap. Which isnt really much. Why not forge everything first and than be able to run more boost and even if you dont run more boost do it just to be safe. Itll pay off in the long run when you dont have a melted piston to replace or even worse.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:14 PM
RyanK
2nd Gear Member

by the end everything will be forged im just starting with the turbo first then working on everything else, i was planning on 6-8 anyways but ill go with 6 i got a lite foot
Old 11-22-2009, 03:44 PM
RyanK
2nd Gear Member

Just got of the phone with my tuner at lethal preformance, and he said my goal would be fine with my engine if i stay at 350-380, he said i could go 400 but thats really high and i have a chance of breaking something. He recommended that i buy forged internals in the next year, and then ill be able to run more boost. So thats my plan, ill save up this year and be forged by july

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Update?