4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

LCAs

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 03:33 PM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

Default LCAs

I wanna start working on my suspension now so i thought a good place to start was LCAs and subframe connectors. Im looking to buy from Am. I was looking at the MM lcas are they the best choice? Any other suggestions?
Old 11-29-2009, 04:43 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

According to what I learned from Jazzer and his suspension guide, I would go with MM hands down on both the subframes and the LCAs
Old 11-29-2009, 05:30 PM
01snake
5th Gear Member

i got BMR adj. uppers and lower with spherical bearings all around and steeda sphericals in axle housing...very nice pieces but VERY expensive ~$800
Old 11-29-2009, 10:40 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I cant wait for my christmas gifts to myself...MM extreme duty adjustable lower control arms and MM FLSFC's...its gonna be a good christmas this year so yea, good idea. But get ones with spherical bushings if at all possible because the urethane bushings is what you wanna get rid of by switching control arms. So why put them back in is what i say.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:37 AM
stangalator
4th Gear Member

I have MMFLSFC waiting to be installed too, i can't wait! The guy who is installing them is a Pure GM fan, he was telling me "do you have enough power to even need these". I laughed but i mean come on now :P.

Wither way i wont know how good they are till next spring, she is sleeping under her cover right now

As for LCA's, a spherical bushing style end is what you will want, this will help some of your binding in the rear. I heard UPR makes a good one for a moderately modded stang.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:42 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I like that the MM extreme duty lower control arms have spherical bushings inside of urethane bushings on the chassis side to help with the noise and to keep everything aligned but you still get the functionality of the spherical bushings that wont bind. Tis why im going to them. And im getting the adjustable ones so i dont have to buy coilovers for the rear.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:33 AM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

All of MM's stuff is good, if not great.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:20 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Originally Posted by 01snake
i got BMR adj. uppers and lower with spherical bearings all around and steeda sphericals in axle housing...very nice pieces but VERY expensive ~$800
Originally Posted by 01MGGT
According to what I learned from Jazzer and his suspension guide, I would go with MM hands down on both the subframes and the LCAs
Originally Posted by teej281
I cant wait for my christmas gifts to myself...MM extreme duty adjustable lower control arms and MM FLSFC's...its gonna be a good christmas this year so yea, good idea. But get ones with spherical bushings if at all possible because the urethane bushings is what you wanna get rid of by switching control arms. So why put them back in is what i say.
Originally Posted by stangalator
I have MMFLSFC waiting to be installed too, i can't wait! The guy who is installing them is a Pure GM fan, he was telling me "do you have enough power to even need these". I laughed but i mean come on now :P..." "... As for LCA's, a spherical bushing style end is what you will want, this will help some of your binding in the rear. I heard UPR makes a good one for a moderately modded stang.
Originally Posted by teej281
I like that the MM extreme duty lower control arms have spherical bushings inside of urethane bushings on the chassis side to help with the noise and to keep everything aligned but you still get the functionality of the spherical bushings that wont bind. Tis why im going to them. And im getting the adjustable ones so i dont have to buy coilovers for the rear.
The pepples..... have been taken..... from my hands........

Jazzer-fu
Old 11-30-2009, 07:48 AM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

So these are the ones im looking at. Are they a good choice?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/maximu...rms-79-98.html
Old 11-30-2009, 09:13 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Id email AM and ask them if you can get the extreme duty ones with spherical bushings at both ends of the control arm because the point of this upgrade is to get rid of the urethane bushings and those control arms have urethane bushings on the chassis side. So try to find the extreme duty ones if you can get rid of solid urethane bushings in your lca's.

Edit: http://www.maximummotorsports.com/in...rts.com/store/

Theres the link to the ones that im talking about. Read up on them on MM's website.

Quick Reply: LCAs