MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   Louvers or Not (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/577889-louvers-or-not.html)

Sxynerd 12-17-2009 10:53 PM

Louvers or Not

My wife likes the look of louvers, what do you think? (I like it.) Thanks for the pic Dan, hehe

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...g/DSC02574.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...oooooovers.jpg

Black Spoiler as well.

Eh, Good or bad?

Black_GT_02 12-17-2009 10:54 PM

Looks good to me!

mrtstang 12-17-2009 11:00 PM

It's okay. Not really worth the money imo.

WannaBeGearHead 12-17-2009 11:21 PM

Man I hate those stupid things :D I think they look terrible and only VERY VERY few Mustangs can make them look decent. I hate to be so blunt and I don't want my OPINION to determine what you do but this has been tucked away inside me and it has never came up before so I thought I would let it all out and tell people they look stupid.

Woah I feel better.

bopiela 12-17-2009 11:34 PM

i dont like them on new edges, only the s197s personally. plus ive heard visibility is awful on the ones available for new edges

Shotgun Love 12-17-2009 11:49 PM

i say do it- they look bad ass

Sxynerd 12-18-2009 12:27 AM

???????

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...casLovers2.jpg

mrsinister2424 12-18-2009 12:29 AM

RICE!

Nah, they're meh. Just limo tint the rear window.... And put a monsterous spoiler on it. ;)

I'd imagine those things would be a pain to wash!

mrsinister2424 12-18-2009 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by sxynerd (Post 6698969)

Still meh. Just looks like too much going on. Keep it simple! :icon_santawaving:

Sxynerd 12-18-2009 12:43 AM

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...casLovers3.jpg

WannaBeGearHead 12-18-2009 12:46 AM

Put some black wheels on there and it wouldn't look to bad and I think the pic w/o the black on the bottom of the bumper looks better than with.

02stang2113 12-18-2009 01:08 AM

I think they look sweet on white mustangs.

Mr Graystang 12-18-2009 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by mrsinister2424 (Post 6698974)
RICE!

Nah, they're meh. Just limo tint the rear window.... And put a monsterous spoiler on it. ;)

how the hell is that rice ? Thats from the muscle car era SON !!!

I say do it !! I love the look of them on the new edge. Just dont put a gay ass spoiler on the back of it like the rest of them fish heads :icon_eddie:

lizzyfan 12-18-2009 03:29 AM

I like!!!!!!!!!!

ztalon 12-18-2009 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by mrsinister2424 (Post 6698974)

I had black louvers on my 78 yellow Firebird Formula. I thought they looked pretty good, but they did restrict your rearward visibility and they were a pain to clean....the windows and the louvers.

98redstang 12-18-2009 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by lizzyfan (Post 6699125)
I like!!!!!!!!!!

+1 i like em too.

98redstang 12-18-2009 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead (Post 6698899)
Man I hate those stupid things :D I think they look terrible and only VERY VERY few Mustangs can make them look decent. I hate to be so blunt and I don't want my OPINION to determine what you do but this has been tucked away inside me and it has never came up before so I thought I would let it all out and tell people they look stupid.

Woah I feel better.

hahaha do you enjoy making people feel like a pile o'sh!t everytime they ask your opinion on somthing?

Sxynerd 12-18-2009 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by lizzyfan (Post 6699125)
I like!!!!!!!!!!

I was against it at first but my wife said she really liked it on my buddy dans car. It's different without trying to be completely original. (Which is an over rated goal anyway)

She's not a big fan of the spoiler painted black but I think it balances well. Especially the last one. It's balanced well. I also like the side window delete. It's subtle without trying to over look the car. Combine it all with a nice mach1 shaker hood and smoked headlights I think it would be a very worthy car for her. I realize not everyone is going to like it, they don't have to.

Originally Posted by ztalon (Post 6699189)
I had black louvers on my 78 yellow Firebird Formula. I thought they looked pretty good, but they did restrict your rearward visibility and they were a pain to clean....the windows and the louvers.

Visibility has a lot to do with window size and angle. Sitting inside our buddies car with louvers, it doesn't obstruct much.:icon_wcam:

Originally Posted by 98redstang (Post 6699217)
hahaha do you enjoy making people feel like a pile o'sh!t everytime they ask your opinion on somthing?

I didn't feel like a Pile after I read his comment? You should grow a thicker skin or your internet experience is going stress you out. :icon_beamme:

The side windows are deleted not louvered but IDK if people can tell or not. Oh and for a few of you trend-setters, I think I would like white painted mirrors as well. :0)
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...casLovers3.jpg

Keep your opinions coming. Good bad or indifferent it doesn't matter.

amoosenamedhank 12-18-2009 10:43 AM

I really like the way the car looks with the side windows deleted, but I can't imagine driving it like that. I already had the blind spot because of the small window. I couldn't imagine it with none.

boduke0220 12-18-2009 11:08 AM

Gay..IMO

ztalon 12-18-2009 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank (Post 6699478)
I really like the way the car looks with the side windows deleted, but I can't imagine driving it like that.

Kind of like driving one of the 71-73 Mach 1s.

I do think the louvers provide a nice contrast on the white car though.

99GTvert 12-18-2009 11:52 AM

There's a white Mach 1 around here that has the louvers on it, and it looks pretty damn good.

Including the blackout panel on the rear trunk looks good too, but I'm not a fan of the side window delete thing.

lilcrate 12-18-2009 11:56 AM

My friends and I have had this debate 3 or 4 times. It always winds up in the middle, like "yeah it's kinda cool, but kinda just as cool without it." It is a bit different, and only works on white or yellow IMO. I say flip a coin. I don't think I like the side window delete though.

WannaBeGearHead 12-18-2009 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by sxynerd (Post 6699469)
I didn't feel like a Pile after I read his comment? You should grow a thicker skin or your internet experience is going stress you out. :icon_beamme:

Good, I didn't want to come off like a dick, you just asked what people thought. There are always going to be people who don't like the way a Mustang looks yet there are always going to be ones that love the look.

For me, I don't care for the louver look. But the side window delete, black in between the tailights and the louver did look best out of all the pictures you posted.

945LSTANG 12-18-2009 01:01 PM

it looks ok in the pics but im not sure how good it would look in person from different angles. i agree that the white and black contrast does look pretty badass. as for the blocked out quarter window, i don't care for it at all. not only does it kind of look goofy, but it would create one hell of a blindspot which just isn't safe.

btw...if your wife really likes the styling of the louvers why not get them?

Sxynerd 12-18-2009 01:30 PM

She'll get whatever she wants. IDC really. I just wondered what you guys thought. And with the Photoshop, I was able to show what it would look like.

I never thought about the blind spot....That's a good point. I guess if/when she gets the louver for the rear I'll block off the rear quarters and see if it's too much of a problem for her.

99BlackPonyGT 12-18-2009 02:09 PM

i puked a little tiny bit in my mouth....but i ate an awesome burger earlier, and no fear - it was just as yummy the second time

Sxynerd 12-18-2009 02:36 PM

You're a silly monkey

hpwrestler220 12-18-2009 02:56 PM

idk why people are hating.. looks great..

Do it, but only with the blackout panel in the back and tinted tails. (no cobra tails like it looks like you have.. waste of money IMO)

i HATE 99/01 cobra tail lights. its like $400 for an amber turn signal? blackout tails look better

OK I FEEL BETTER NOW :) :)

school is out for winter so im off the wall

teej281 12-18-2009 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by sxynerd (Post 6698860)
My wife likes the look of louvers, what do you think? (I like it.) Thanks for the pic Dan, hehe

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...g/DSC02574.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...oooooovers.jpg

Black Spoiler as well.

Eh, Good or bad?

Personally, the first pic of your wife's car looks the best IMHO. I mean there is just something about a clean white stang with nothing to fubar up the looks. It already looks so classy and muscular already as it sits with the chrome wheels and the stance it has. I say do nothing to it at all because i think doing anything else besides tint would mess up the looks of the car. I think one of the sexiest cars ever on this forum was Ox's white stang. Nothing special really...but it was white with black chrome and not much else looks wise and it just looked amazing. So I think that you should keep the car as close to the way it looks as it is in the first picture.

Sxynerd 12-18-2009 03:13 PM

I understand why you like that Teej, I to, like some things to be simple and classy.

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220 (Post 6699974)
idk why people are hating.. looks great..

Do it, but only with the blackout panel in the back and tinted tails. (no cobra tails like it looks like you have.. waste of money IMO)

i HATE 99/01 cobra tail lights. its like $400 for an amber turn signal? blackout tails look better

OK I FEEL BETTER NOW :) :)

school is out for winter so im off the wall

Nope I didn't do that on purpose, it's just how PS made it looked when I tried to tint the tails. :0)

02stang2113 12-18-2009 03:16 PM

For the blackout between the tailights do you plan on getting the honeycomb plastic thing or the decals? JKust wondered because im thinking about doing one of those

Sxynerd 12-18-2009 03:35 PM

I will NEVER put a vinyl decal on paint. It's cheap and ghetto. sure dealerships do it, it's cheap and easily replaceable.

I've thought about the honey-comb but the entire car is going in to be painted soon so it may just be painted.

My buddy has the panel and it looks really good.

teej281 12-18-2009 03:40 PM

Please just leave it!!! I beg of you!!! lol and if anything, do the honeycomb inserts. Those dont look too bad.

hpwrestler220 12-18-2009 04:43 PM

I wish my car was white.. i would have such a nasty white stang

blackout rear. s281 wings look best on white stangs even though most people dont like the s281 wing. blackout panel, blackout tails, blackout lower rear valence, black roof maybe, black saleens maybe, ugh the list goes on

lizzyfan 12-18-2009 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220 (Post 6700199)

With a big Cowboy star on the hood :icon_laugh:

amoosenamedhank 12-18-2009 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220 (Post 6700199)

blackout rear. s281 wings look best on white stangs even though most people dont like the s281 wing. blackout panel, blackout tails, blackout lower rear valence, white roof maybe, black saleens maybe, ugh the list goes on

At the rate you're going, half your car has been repainted anyways. Might as well just paint her white.

hpwrestler220 12-18-2009 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank (Post 6700209)
At the rate you're going, half your car has been repainted anyways. Might as well just paint her white.

HAHA.. this is so true... same thing with my car now. it is slowly becoming all black... i gotta stop

and lizzy - COWBOYS FTMFW..even though they play like sh*t... don't be jealous of my christmas tree in the sig.. the star fits perfect on the tree :)

teej281 12-18-2009 10:09 PM

I'd stop with the black theme unless you get her some different wheels. If you go blacking things out but dont have the black wheels with nothing else on the car being black besides the usual tires and random things, i dont think it will look good. If you do the louvers, try to talk the woman into a saleen s281 rear wing. My friend has the s281 wing and louvers on a silver Faleen(haha Fake sALEEN...get it?) and it actually doesnt look bad. But he has the blackout theme going with black wheels, tinted tails and headlights, tinted windows, an all black accents. And is it me or do her front wheels stick out a bit past the fenders??? Looks like it does about half.

On a side note: I think i would love to own a white mustang. I would probably do some 18" AFS chromies and give it a similar stance to your wife's car and probably do nothing else to the visuals of the car...except maybe a 2000 cobra r hood. :D

jRock617 12-18-2009 10:24 PM

to be honest, i dont usually like the look of the louvers on the new edges, but if it does look good on any new edge, its a white one with a black theme.