4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Random pictures and my dilema.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 11:48 AM
freefallin98
3rd Gear Member

Default Random pictures and my dilema.

I recently got engaged. I am working 2 very low hour part timers. I finished up my classes at Oregon State University this summer, still awaiting my actual diploma. My fiance has a couple more terms of school left. We are thinking we will get married in Hawaii this September.

The point of this thread is to tell all my Mustang enthusiast friends that I am going to not give in to the urge of saving money specifically for wheels. I will be saving for a house instead. I know in my heart that it's the right thing to do, but I know in my dreams that my Mustang really wants new shoes.

I KNOW I am making the right choice, it's just very hard for me to NOT save money for something I have been dreaming of since I bought my car over a year ago. Sorry, I just needed to vent a little haha. At any rate, I really hope we both have full-time careers when she graduated this summer so we can get our first place. BTW, I am 22, she is 23.

Here is a quick picture of us In Catalina Isle. late this summer.

My pops' 1955 Nomad Wagon. Built SBC, all chrome, 17/18' Foose wheels, ps, pb, the whole 9. It's a show car that we drive, a lot!

A couple of my car. I need springs and wheels/tires bad!

Old 12-26-2009, 11:52 AM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Congrats. You have to do what you have to do!! Good luck finding work, a house, and finally new wheels for your stang!
Old 12-26-2009, 12:16 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

Congrats, Its good to see you have your priority's right. Family and house first then car, so not worries there man. Good luck.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:24 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

When you think you have enough saved for the house, save some more. Seems EVERYTHING about home ownership is more expensive than you believe it will be.

Congrats on the engagement.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:46 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

That's good man...you have your priorities straight. Makin this decision now will allow you to get some B.A wheels in the future.

Congrats man
Old 12-26-2009, 11:03 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Youre car is a clean car man. It doesnt NEED wheels...just springs but seriously man, way to make the best decision. At this point, i dont think id make the right call about that one...good thing i have 5 1/2 more years of schooling ahead of me to mature me enough to make the right call in that situation.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:08 AM
freefallin98
3rd Gear Member

Thanks guys. I feel like it's honestly a big decision on my part. A lot of my friends and or other 22 years old guys with money burning a hole in their pocket wouldn't think twice about getting parts. But I know what's important in MY life and it's definitely establishing a home and career before I go spending my hard earned money on "material" things as I would refer to them as. Well, to be completely honest, material or not, anything top make my car better, makes me better. It's a part of myself and my lifestyle. It speaks for who I am. Happy Holidays guys, you all rock. I am so glad can come here and speak my mind and have some fun with good friends (who I weirdly have not met haha). We will all meet someday!
Old 12-27-2009, 04:03 PM
02stang2113
4th Gear Member

Good choice on saving for the house. Hopefully u will both get good jobs and u can have any rims/cars yall want. hahah But good luck
Old 12-27-2009, 04:44 PM
freefallin98
3rd Gear Member

Thanks man. Yeah, that's definitely the plan...save for a home, then save for wheels, suspension, cams, and other goodies . Random question, but has anyone on here ever gone through the FHA for a first time buyers home loan? I have looked it over and you are able to put as little as 3.5% down if you qualify. Seems good to me if a guy could afford his mortgage.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:07 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

Congrats Bro. Just starting thinking about a sick house or something to get your mind off the wheels. your car looks pretty good too so i wouldnt worry about it much. your dads ride is pretty sweet too!

Quick Reply: Random pictures and my dilema.