4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Boy my car's gonna be clean this spring/summer!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 09:50 AM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Default Boy my car's gonna be clean this spring/summer!

Well this morning was a good morning!

Opened my stocking to find a California Dry Blade (squeege) and a Microfiber wash mit . Then my gf got me a meguiar's clay bar kit!

To the Presents: Got some microfiber towels, and some Meguiar's quick detailer, and some Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance Tire Protectant Gel (anyone used this?). Also recieved an Armor All total car care kit...Man im stoked for spring!

$270 cash doesn't hurt either

Hope you all got some B.A gifts...Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2009, 11:59 AM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

That quick detailer is really good I keep it in my car just in case something happens.

I dont know about that tire shine but post or pm me about it because I'm tired of tire shine not lasting.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:19 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Congrats! New cams and nice looking car, can't beat that combo!

You will find out that you can't have too many microfiber towels. A lot of people don't like (at least from what I have heard) the Armor All products cause they are oily but I have used them and love them. I found out after you wipe a section down, take another towel and wipe off the excess and it will look good. The protection wipes make the interior look great!
Old 12-25-2009, 12:21 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
meguiar's clay bar kit!

Meguiar's quick detailer
Both excellent products!
Old 12-25-2009, 05:08 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Yea ill definatley review that tire shine. But i LOVE the clay bar..it's a savior. By far my fav thing.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:53 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Man, shoulda got some new wheels... Just playin man. But yea, a clean car is definitely a good gift. Got a meguiars car care kit for my 16th birthday and my dad since has taken everything out of it and used it for both his cars...lol. But yea, no car related gifts this year...but i got money for new wheels so for that im STOKED!!! But i'd be careful with the armorall interior wipes on your black dash...it may leave a slightly noticeable haze on there(which is why i dont use them). But the meguiars stuff is magical!!! Love it!!!
Old 12-25-2009, 07:09 PM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
...it may leave a slightly noticeable haze on there(which is why i dont use them). But the meguiars stuff is magical!!! Love it!!!
and smells good

Last edited by vanquish; 12-25-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:58 AM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Man, shoulda got some new wheels... Just playin man. But yea, a clean car is definitely a good gift. Got a meguiars car care kit for my 16th birthday and my dad since has taken everything out of it and used it for both his cars...lol. But yea, no car related gifts this year...but i got money for new wheels so for that im STOKED!!! But i'd be careful with the armorall interior wipes on your black dash...it may leave a slightly noticeable haze on there(which is why i dont use them). But the meguiars stuff is magical!!! Love it!!!
Well my REAL car gift is the Hitech stage 2 cams that are on their way ! My dad told me if i bright flight the ACT then i could get new wheels lol...got a 29 so im hopin for a lil higher. But eh..i got bigger things to do then wheels.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:20 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Haha yea, I have the money for cams and everything right now...but first i need tires and a friend is selling AFS wheels with tires and 2 spare tires for the back and 1 spare tire for the front for $1000...so that seems like a better way to go than adding power. lol
Old 12-26-2009, 10:31 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

I can understand that. Good luck w/ the wheels!

Quick Reply: Boy my car's gonna be clean this spring/summer!