4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Steeda G-Trac System

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Not a fan of adjustable LCA's (AKA weight-jackers). I would pass on those and just jump to rear CO's. You are going far enough that you will not want to stop with OEM spring locations out back, so don't recommend you do something twice.

Jazzer
Old 01-17-2010, 09:12 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
Not a fan of adjustable LCA's (AKA weight-jackers). I would pass on those and just jump to rear CO's. You are going far enough that you will not want to stop with OEM spring locations out back, so don't recommend you do something twice.

Jazzer
Ive been talking back and forth with guys from MM and they dont suggest rear coilovers on a street car, which my car will ALWAYS be. How well do you think that a street car would handle with just the front suspension done and the lower control arms, subframes, and rear coilovers? I figure that the PHB and TA can wait for a while if those items will make it handle like a beast on the street. Then if i still feel that i want to upgrade from there, i can do the PHB/TA setup and i'll have everything else for preparations for it.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I have heard that MM does not recommend CO's out back on a street car, but don't understand why. They help to free up the rear-end and allow nice ride height adjustment as well. I have been running them for a couple years now and more than happy.

The car will be an improvement with the front suspension upgrades, but will be best served by ridding oneself of the UCA's via PHB and TA.

Jazzer
Old 01-17-2010, 09:37 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
I have heard that MM does not recommend CO's out back on a street car, but don't understand why. They help to free up the rear-end and allow nice ride height adjustment as well. I have been running them for a couple years now and more than happy.

The car will be an improvement with the front suspension upgrades, but will be best served by ridding oneself of the UCA's via PHB and TA.

Jazzer
Jazzer,
PM'ing you about what MM says as i dont know how MM would feel about me posting a direct quote of an employee on a public forum.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:58 PM
ct_white_stang
4th Gear Member

I think this topic may have went a little of course but thats ok. I read in a few places that you want a kit that is tuned to work together. That is why I was thinking the Steeda kit and it looks like it won't really break the bank. I already have FLSFC and the Strut Tower brace from MM I am looking for Springs next and Shocks and Struts. My car will always be a street car so keep that in mind.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:15 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

go for coilovers with bilstein hd's and upgraded extreme duty lower control arms. that will make it better. phb and ta would make it even better but you dont need them. I wouldnt go for stock location springs for handling.