MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   NPI Engine build? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/590232-npi-engine-build.html)

RyanK 03-09-2010 12:37 PM

NPI Engine build?

I need some help getting my parts list together so I can start,
This is what i was thinking

Summit engine rebuild kit
Port and Polish NPI Heads
Stage 2.5 MHS cams
Edlebrock pi Victor jr. intake manifold

and then folt bolt ons, Im trying to build a non pi N/a setup cause I want to be different lol whats the best way to go about this? is my list good, and yes i know there will be more that the engine will need like little gaskets but the main stuff?

98redstang 03-09-2010 01:20 PM

Correct me if im wrong but i believe you need new fuel rails with the edlebrock intake. Im not a 100% sure but i thought i remember seeing that when i was looking to buy an intake. As for the other stuff i think thats a good start to building it. Why are your rebuilding the whole engine? Im just curious.

RyanK 03-09-2010 01:47 PM

cause im tired of getting beat by ricers :icon_confused: never again!

teej281 03-09-2010 03:19 PM

what is the summit engine rebuild kit??? Like a new rotating assembly or what??? I'd look into MMR's rotating assemblies if thats what youre doing.

98redstang 03-09-2010 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by RyanK (Post 6866323)
cause im tired of getting beat by ricers :icon_confused: never again!

Get some gears to hld you off haha. Thatll keep the rice at bay for now.

RyanK 03-09-2010 11:51 PM

I was thinking this kit----->http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FEM-205-6382M000/

And once i get my build done, im going to hunt every ricer in my town down and smoke them in ever gear :icon_eddie: ha, I've honestly never been beat by ricer's but I feel my car is really slow now ever since riding in my buddies 99 cobra So I'm doing something about it! It was either build the motor, or fix the body how i want it and I choose motor!

But what I need you guy's to help me with is breaking 300RWhp with a npi setup I want to be one of the only, don't give me the money speech cause I get that you have to pay to play, but I find it more fun to have something that alot of people don't even play with so what would you suggest as in cam/intake combo?

teej281 03-09-2010 11:59 PM

Gotcha, i thought you were actually rebuilding the motor by putting pistons and rods and stuff in. lol my bad.

RyanK 03-10-2010 12:24 AM

should i do rods and pistons would that add any hp cause I know it will bump compression?

MU71L4710N 03-10-2010 03:26 AM

seriously man, why not just do a PI swap with some ported PI heads and cams? i relaly dont know if you'll be able to break 300 with ported NPI heads and cams. stage 2 cams and normal PI heads with full boltons (longtube headers and such) will be a hair over 300rwhp. ported NPI heads i think only flow a little better than stock PI's plus your intake manifold is still gonna suck.

if you do rods and pistons screw doing the heads and cams, put nitrous or a blower on it. how much money are you looking to spend? because after all the work you've already listed, your gonna be thousands of dollars down the hole for a quick car, when it could be faster for cheaper.

teej281 03-10-2010 07:22 AM

The weak point of the NPI motors is not the heads, but the cams and intake, both of which are getting taken care of with what he is doing. He is going edelbrock intake which is a pretty good short runner intake manifold, which may very well help him with the addition of the MHS stage 2.5 cams, which in reality is probably going to be better than PI cams because NPI heads have more intake valve clearance which allows for more intake centerline than on the PI heads. All in all, i think that the NPI route is probably better for him right now being on a budget and being that he already has the heads on his car. But honestly if the OP was concerned with the most power for the dollar, he should do the cams and intake and just put a blower on the car and forget about it. but i think he wants n/a power.