MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   Kinda pissed, want opinions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/598215-kinda-pissed-want-opinions.html)

jvog 04-25-2010 09:06 PM

Kinda pissed, want opinions

So some of you may know that my shortblock was making a weird noise since the first time I started the new motor up. After talking to the guy who I had the shortblock work done through (he was a middle man who has a guy who does all his machine work) he said "if you bring me the shortblock I'll be more than happy to take a look at it for you". I got a good deal on some heads so I pulled the shortblock and took it to him. He had his guy (the guy who built it to begin with) go tear it down and measure everything and reassemble it. He found nothing wrong, and leaves me a voicemail saying my shortblock is good to go and that my bill is $530. I was like WTF, he definately made it sound like he was going to do it as a favor free of charge. What do you guys think? He said that the guy who does all his work needs to get paid for the time yada yada yada and that he'd pay half so I only have to pay $265 but thats still money I wasn't ready to have to pay. Should I just pay it or try and fight with him about it some more?

tdcalhoun89 04-25-2010 09:14 PM

eh.... I feel like it's both your faults and you should have probably gone over that with him and he probably should have told you it was gonna run ya this much to tear it apart and have a look

Dteal23 04-25-2010 09:22 PM

id never expect something like that for free. PAYMENT/MONEY should have been the first thing discussed. the FIRST question i ask is "how much do you charge for that" Your fault IMO

02stang2113 04-25-2010 09:23 PM

damn that sucks... id fight it! Most people have a warrenty on there work anyways, just say it didnt sound right and u wanted to get the work u paid alot of money for to be right...

jvog 04-25-2010 09:23 PM

Yea I am pissed for not making sure everything was spelled out, but myself and my gf who was with me when we discussed him looking at it thought he would be doing it as a favor since the work was done by/through him and he was the one who offered to look at it. Its not like I asked him

jvog 04-25-2010 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by 02stang2113 (Post 6965580)
damn that sucks... id fight it! Most people have a warrenty on there work anyways, just say it didnt sound right and u wanted to get the work u paid alot of money for to be right...

He doesnt warranty any of his work because it is done for "racing applications"

02stang2113 04-25-2010 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by jvog (Post 6965585)
He doesnt warranty any of his work because it is done for "racing applications"

In that case... your screwed!

DarkShadow04 04-25-2010 09:36 PM

bite the bullet, at least you only have to pay half =/

bopiela 04-25-2010 09:38 PM

well i guess its important to ask. does it make the noise anymore? im guessing it hasnt been fired up yet, but if his tear down and rebuild fixed it, then no big deal IMO....

hpwrestler220 04-25-2010 09:38 PM

$265 for piece of mind i guess... WTF could be making that noise