MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   failed inspection =[ (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/599430-failed-inspection.html)

0949er 05-04-2010 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Fizzics Boy (Post 6982117)
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is your tune. NJ changed the computer system they use to scan the car during the emissions test. This was done maybe a month ago. The only way it will pass now is if you put the factory tune back on the car, or a canned tune from SCT or Diablosport. Any sort of custom tune where things start getting turned off will cause you to fail.

what new system is this?

ShadowDrake 05-04-2010 11:09 AM

There's no need to flip out about the ECU ground. I had mine totally off while reinstalling the QH and had the key on and everything - even had a laptop plugged in to it at the same time. Having it off for a quarter of a second isn't going to blow up your ECU automatically. Just something to keep in mind.

devongarver 05-04-2010 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by ShadowDrake (Post 6982446)
There's no need to flip out about the ECU ground. I had mine totally off while reinstalling the QH and had the key on and everything - even had a laptop plugged in to it at the same time. Having it off for a quarter of a second isn't going to blow up your ECU automatically. Just something to keep in mind.

Who was doing this? I do believe I said it is unlikely, but possible. And the fact still remains, it IS possible. Just something to keep in mind...

03BottleFedGT 05-04-2010 11:38 AM

to bad your not in georgia, i pass cars all day long for a small fee and your car doesnt even have to be there

2k1gt 05-04-2010 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by 03BottleFedGT (Post 6982518)
to bad your not in georgia, i pass cars all day long for a small fee and your car doesnt even have to be there

I'll have to keep that in mind! Luckily we don't have emissions here in Athens but I may be moving to Atlanta here in a few months.

Sorry to hear about your problem. Hope you get it all figured out.

amoosenamedhank 05-04-2010 11:53 AM

How modded are you? Will your car survive on the stock tune? I would say that's your best bet at this point.

Mustang3GT07 05-04-2010 11:59 AM

My car would always fail the gas cap test. I'm glad they don't do that no more ha.

cp51 06-22-2010 05:42 PM

Hey,

I'm from NJ too and having the same problem. Like someone said, they updated the system and now its failing my car. Passes everything except the computer is saying its not ready. Everything is fine if they hook up a little hand held computer, but when they do the inspection computer it fails.

Has anyone gotten around this???

JRad405 06-22-2010 09:24 PM

i have my inspection in like 1.5 years. guess ill have to remember to put my stock tune back on when i go there. do you think you can still turn your O2 sensors off and it will be okay?

i hope nj doesn't turn into a california.

Z28KLR 06-22-2010 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by 03BottleFedGT (Post 6982518)

Move out to CA, we could use a guy like you!