4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Ordering springs and CC plates

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Default Ordering springs and CC plates

I am going to be lowering my car about (hopefully) enough to have a nicer stance. I want to know who has the best and cheapest springs that you know of. I was looking on AM, and I noticed that they have Steeda, BBK, Eibach H&R, Ford Racing... these are all great companies, and the prices range from $199-$250. Which is the best set of springs for the money? BBK's are pretty cheap, but I also need to consider that a 1" drop MIGHT not be enough of a drop to look good.

Spring isolators? Do I get these? They are just poly material I think... do they matter?

CC Plates... Maximum motorsports? J&M? Steeda? Which one of these requires drilling? Because I really don't feel like drilling. But more importantly, which ones DONT creak?

I have squeaky suspension and it is annoying. If I buy these springs and CC plates, do they help the suspension, or because the car is lower will I feel bumps more?

Also, my car hits bumps so hard it is unbelievable. I have 20,000 mile old KYB's on my car with 8 point suspension in the front and 4 point in the back. What should these be set to in order to get the softest ride?
Old 05-08-2010, 09:24 PM
K Z
2nd Gear Member

http://www.cjponyparts.com/cj-pony-p...2004/p/EBS30K/
These are whats on my car, and I love them. They come with the iso's that you want if you don't want noise.
CC plates you want MM, but any of those need drilling. The factory plates are 3 bolt and the after market are 4 bolt to give a better range of adjustment.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by K Z
http://www.cjponyparts.com/cj-pony-p...2004/p/EBS30K/
These are whats on my car, and I love them. They come with the iso's that you want if you don't want noise.
CC plates you want MM, but any of those need drilling. The factory plates are 3 bolt and the after market are 4 bolt to give a better range of adjustment.
That's a LOW drop!! 2"!! Do you have any trouble with that?
Old 05-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Evenexchange
I am going to be lowering my car about (hopefully) enough to have a nicer stance. I want to know who has the best and cheapest springs that you know of. I was looking on AM, and I noticed that they have Steeda, BBK, Eibach H&R, Ford Racing... these are all great companies, and the prices range from $199-$250. Which is the best set of springs for the money? BBK's are pretty cheap, but I also need to consider that a 1" drop MIGHT not be enough of a drop to look good.

Spring isolators? Do I get these? They are just poly material I think... do they matter?

CC Plates... Maximum motorsports? J&M? Steeda? Which one of these requires drilling? Because I really don't feel like drilling. But more importantly, which ones DONT creak?

I have squeaky suspension and it is annoying. If I buy these springs and CC plates, do they help the suspension, or because the car is lower will I feel bumps more?

Also, my car hits bumps so hard it is unbelievable. I have 20,000 mile old KYB's on my car with 8 point suspension in the front and 4 point in the back. What should these be set to in order to get the softest ride?

I bought my springs off ebay for about a 100 bucks (2007). Having had a problem so far and the car rides preety good. Once I return from my deployment gonna start investing in the suspension. Also I'm also gearing towards MM Caster Cambers... Let me know how it goes...
Old 05-08-2010, 09:40 PM
K Z
2nd Gear Member

My car has just over 111k on the factory shocks and struts and rides a little better than stock. I also put the Steeda x2's and bump steer on at the same time. These springs are made by Eibach, and for the cost I think it's a good way to save some cash.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:45 PM
darkstarnes
2nd Gear Member

I went with Eibach and I love em!! only thing is... I did not get plates so the inside tires are wearing faster.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:46 PM
darkstarnes
2nd Gear Member

BTW you are going to feel the street more if you lower your car.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:14 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

H&R supersports, no iso's and J&M CC plates is what i had on my old GT, i got some pics i'll post for ya. It handled amaxing for just having springs and Sub frame con. and looked sick too i think the springs were $231 and the CC plates were $155 with the discount code from AM.

also my suspension was as quiet as stock with no iso's.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:53 PM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

[IMG]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll161/Hasselbrown/C1moto051-1.jpg[/IMG
Old 05-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Evenexchange
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by boduke0220
H&R supersports, no iso's and J&M CC plates is what i had on my old GT, i got some pics i'll post for ya. It handled amaxing for just having springs and Sub frame con. and looked sick too i think the springs were $231 and the CC plates were $155 with the discount code from AM.

also my suspension was as quiet as stock with no iso's.
Discount code???? Please share

Quick Reply: Ordering springs and CC plates