MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion-88/)
-   -   Ebay Headlights? Aneyone Have Them? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-general-discussion/608987-ebay-headlights-aneyone-have-them.html)

devongarver 07-13-2010 10:02 AM

I have a set of Smoked ones that are the same ones you see often on ebay. I sealed them when I got them, following this guide from AM and they are great. No complaints, and half the price.

Kenny_k82 07-13-2010 12:31 PM

Mine sealed fine off of ebay and they look great for $75. The only issue is that the rubber along the top of one of the headlights is peeling off after a month. Lame...

lizzyfan 07-13-2010 12:38 PM

I have had ebay headlights for over 4 years and have held up well

amoosenamedhank 07-13-2010 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by cliffyk (Post 7101468)
eBay doesn't sell headlights, they just provide a venue for various vendors to do so.

I bough a set advertised on eBay from an outfit called Blue Oval Industries over 3 years ago , they fit and have held up fine. However the fellow that answered the phone, when I called to let them know the packaging sucked and had broken open in shipping (the housings were OK), was a real dick--I would not have wanted to call with a problem.

I had heard a lot of horror stories about BOI but I liked their headlights so I got them anyways. I wasn't overly impressed with the initial fitment so I called the guy to discuss with them about it. He was very responsive at first, but then just disappeared a few short days later. After a lot of adjusting the headlights look alright....

schmallz 07-13-2010 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Kenny_k82 (Post 7102390)
Mine sealed fine off of ebay and they look great for $75. The only issue is that the rubber along the top of one of the headlights is peeling off after a month. Lame...

Same thing happened to my AM lights, don't feel to bad.

cliffyk 07-13-2010 02:56 PM

They are all made in China--probably in the same factory...

amoosenamedhank 07-13-2010 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by cliffyk (Post 7102675)

I've actually heard from individuals who claim to have done a little more checking on all of these headlight housings and they say the same thing.

schmallz 07-13-2010 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by cliffyk (Post 7102675)

Taiwan, says on the sticker!

DarkShadow04 07-13-2010 05:39 PM

the rubber around the headlights that you see when they are installed is garbage and they crack/come off...if u seal em they wont leak but that rubber piece makes em look terrible, wish i just bought from american muscle, but i dont own that car anymore so now its somebody elses problem lol

devongarver 07-14-2010 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank (Post 7102487)
I had heard a lot of horror stories about BOI but I liked their headlights so I got them anyways. I wasn't overly impressed with the initial fitment so I called the guy to discuss with them about it. He was very responsive at first, but then just disappeared a few short days later. After a lot of adjusting the headlights look alright....

ahhh good old blue oval...we had a thread about their lack of service a few months back. I wrote them a nice email...haha