4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Fuel
4th Gear Member

Default Help!

At the first of the year I was going to buy a terminator. I am going to have about 8grand to put down but now I am starting to think that I would be better off just spending the cash on a good power adder and buying a GT at a much lower payment and continue building the gt up. I don't know what to do?

What do you guys think and if I were to go the GT route what would you spend the cash on to make the GT fast? I am not looking for a track car just a quick cruiser and garage queen for some weekend outings.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:04 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

with 8 grand you could buy an MMR block and build a vortech kit and work from there.

hard to say tho. because thats putting 8 grand into mods, with however much for a GT payment. depending on how much you find the GT for, it may or may not be a wiser idea. say you end up paying 7 grand for the GT (which it may even be more than that) after TTL, thats 15+ grand invested already. you can find a termi for a little more than that. so really, its up to you.

PERSONALLY, i would use that 8 grand as a nice down payment on the termi, or maybe even just buy a GT outright in cash and not have any car payment then you can slowly start saving money for mods with the lack of a payment.

Last edited by MU71L4710N; 10-05-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:07 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Everyone here will just say save up for a Cobra. I myself like the idea of building a GT instead of a Cobra. I think you would have a blast in a GT with a KB blower, gears and a sticky tire. That would be a very fun and fast street cruiser.

You ever come to Lincoln much?
Old 10-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Fuel
4th Gear Member

Don't get to Lincoln very often but would like to more(maybe when I get that car to cruise with)!

What do you guys think about turbo kits? I like the idea of cheaper insurance with the GT also and I have already had a 2000 GT with a vortech and it seemed like the power was too high in the power curve for it to be a good street car.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:23 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Turbo or a KB would be a fun street car. If you size the turbo right you will be in full boost by 3000rpm.

Hellion or HP are very good kits and On3 I have heard both good and bad things about them.