4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Wingless sn95?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 06:07 PM
stangalator
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the comments, i guess people don't like the 94-95 lights? i figured because there was a lot of horizontal lines on the back that they may be more at home. idk. just an idea.

I may try the spoilerless look for a bit and really judge it in the spring when I can drive it and view it from a distance. Only problem I can see is the four holes that are in the trunk right now... What do people do to fill spoiler holes? not permanently just so it wouldn't leak while I'm deciding. Also anyone who has a s281 spoiler on an early sn95 feel free to post a picture, never considered a different spoiler.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Harryman2002
3rd Gear Member

I went to a hardware store bought some plastic plugs and put them in the holes. They're a very snug fit. Then I bought a red sharpie and colored them red. They match my paint perfectly!
Thats what im doing as a temporary look until im finished with my suspension when Ill get an s281 wing.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:55 AM
stangalator
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Harryman2002
I went to a hardware store bought some plastic plugs and put them in the holes. They're a very snug fit. Then I bought a red sharpie and colored them red. They match my paint perfectly!
Thats what im doing as a temporary look until im finished with my suspension when Ill get an s281 wing.
Sounds reasonable. Do you have issues with water leaking in? did you apply a ring of RTV or something to keep water out? Any pictures of the plugs? I want ones that are low profile so people can't tell right away that they are plastic plugs, haha

thanks!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:41 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stangalator
Also anyone who has a s281 spoiler on an early sn95 feel free to post a picture, never considered a different spoiler.
I took off my S281 almost right away when I got the car. Been wingless while I try to find the right wing for me. Been a fan of the Steeda race wing (3rd pic).

Old 01-09-2011, 12:16 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Looks good actually! Would look slick as hell with a ducktail wing!
Old 01-09-2011, 02:17 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
that body looks BEST without a wing, lowered and dumped exhaust. cant beat that look.
+1

but i still prefer some type of spoiler on the car.

btw OP: a little late on putting it away for winter don't you think? lol
Old 01-09-2011, 02:22 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

LilRouch's car grows on me more and more everytime I see it. For the exception of the billet front grille, I am really falling in love with that car.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:57 PM
stangalator
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
+1

but i still prefer some type of spoiler on the car.

btw OP: a little late on putting it away for winter don't you think? lol
Yea, its been away for a while but i put it away dirty. I've been busy till lately so I decided to really clean it up.

The holes in the trunk dent in a bit where the spoiler use to be. Even with the spoiler holes covered there is a outline where the spoiler was and it looks funny. Idk I really need to see it outside or someone else driving it from different angles.... Is it spring yet?
Old 01-09-2011, 02:59 PM
stangalator
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LilRoush
this looks pretty sweet, still have it kickin around? lol more pics?
Old 01-09-2011, 03:30 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
LilRouch's car grows on me more and more everytime I see it. For the exception of the billet front grille, I am really falling in love with that car.
I agree. I hate the grill, just haven't found a cheap solution to it.

Originally Posted by stangalator
this looks pretty sweet, still have it kickin around? lol more pics?
I sold the Saleen wing right away. What kind of pics /angles are you looking for? I have more pics than I care to admit. There's a thread in the V6 Gen Discussion area from when I had it shipped down to Miami.

Quick Reply: Wingless sn95?