4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Suspension Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 01:07 PM
ptav22

Default Suspension Ideas

Just bought an 02 GT a few days ago and im lookin to lower the car. The handeling is horrible and the height is a nose bleed. what do you recommend. i want to go the cheapest route for now. I was lookin into the eibachs lowering spring and i would run the stock shock for now but the drop is only 2in. any help would be great.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:35 PM
mineralpony
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ptav22
Just bought an 02 GT a few days ago and im lookin to lower the car. The handeling is horrible and the height is a nose bleed. what do you recommend. i want to go the cheapest route for now. I was lookin into the eibachs lowering spring and i would run the stock shock for now but the drop is only 2in. any help would be great.
2 inches is actually quite a bit. For a DD, i think you can get that drop if you get H&R Super sports without the isos. It might even be lower than 2 inches. Just be aware that you will tend to scrape somethings on the ground when going over potholes and driveways. I have those springs and am just waiting till spring time to get em installed. You will C/C plates as well or your front tires will have a lot of inner tire wear.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:35 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

jazzerthecat's suspension guide is what you need to read. it can explain anything you want to know
Old 02-08-2011, 04:46 PM
ddmsgtr1
4th Gear Member

If your complaining about the handling and ride quality now, don't do a 2" drop. Most springs will get you 1-1.5" and that will give you more of a difference than you'd think.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:22 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

and if you run stock shocks and struts with a 2in drop it will wear them out really fast
Old 02-09-2011, 04:22 AM
Markus989
1st Gear Member

Paul Jazzer the cat is your friend look him up but read his suspension guide or hell flame you for making him repeat himself Or not hes pretty nice lol but still readthis>>>>(https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l...ion-guide.html) I in all honesty dude am on the same page i want to replace the suspension SO bad but you should be looking at something like THIS http://www.maximummotorsports.com/st...oducts_id=1247

because basically if u buy those springs your gonna molest your struts wear out your tires and end up buying this kit piece by piece for alot more money. So id suggest you save up for something like this and deal with your ****ty suspension for now

Also a side note is youd be better off buying subframe connectors and lower control arms first which is what i just did and it make a huge diff in how the car handled and got traction really was the best place to start i think....

Last edited by Markus989; 02-09-2011 at 04:25 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:03 AM
school boy
5th Gear Member

you could also look into an irs from a cobra
Old 02-09-2011, 12:16 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by school boy
you could also look into an irs from a cobra
He says he wants to go the "cheapest route" and you suggest one of the most expensive routes?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:13 PM
ptav22

its not that bad... i could drop a G next pay check. this is what i was thinkin. springs :http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EIB-4-1035/ shocks front:http://www.summitracing.com/parts/STR-S6005LM/ shocks rear:http://www.summitracing.com/parts/STR-S6004LM/ let me know what y'all think
Old 02-09-2011, 03:00 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BraMas
He says he wants to go the "cheapest route" and you suggest one of the most expensive routes?
if he looks around, he'd might find someone to swap him. i got my irs with full mm bushings, 373s, mm center brace, diff brace, shocks, h&r springs(all 4), and the tall pipes for $800. it had 20,000 miles on it, 2000 miles on the upgraded parts. but i was waitting for a good deal too. but i understand where you're coming from, if he wants it "now," it will cost him

Quick Reply: Suspension Ideas